To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shirley, NY
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing Specialist
Dialysis Clinic, Inc., (DCI) • Shirley, NY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Billing Specialist is assigned the responsibility of working patient accounts, ensuring they are billed correctly and keeping the account receivables within department standards. They must have effective communication skills and need to have the ability to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment. This position requires a large degree of interfacing with coworkers, clinic personnel, patients, and insurance representatives.
The following is a summary of what makes our team successful. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Monthly creation of billable charges for designated patients
- Monthly claims billing; follow-up, re-billing, secondary billing and correction billing of claims
- Collection process for account balances
- Updating patients file records
- Complete adjustment transaction forms
- Maintain good communication link with each patient’s home-clinic personnel
- Account aging balances; insurance verifications, referrals and authorization
- Aging balances must be kept within acceptable collection standards.
- Interpersonal skills/expectations include: Excellent communication skills.
- Organization skills/expectations include: Attention to detail is a must.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree preferred, but not required.
- 2 years relevant experience in medical billing, preferred.
DCI employees are expected to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of paper and electronic protected health information DCI creates, receives, transmits, and maintains. This is accomplished by following DCI HIPAA policies and procedures.
DCI offers a very competitive benefits program
DCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Disabled/Protected Veteran-VEVRAA Federal Contractor