To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Austin, TX 78726
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Communications & Creative Marketing Strategies Manager - Government Relations - Austin, TX
Oldcastle Materials • Austin, TX
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID: 113322
Oldcastle Materials, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and construction and paving services in the United States. Our operations span the nation from Montana to Texas and from Washington to Florida, with 18,000 employees at more than 1,200 locations in 44 states.
The Communications & Creative Manager, Government Relations will support the communication strategy for Oldcastle Materials, focused primarily on internal and external company communications regarding local, state, and federal government relations. This position will focus on production of PAC newsletters, maintaining a website, development and execution of social media, internal communications with divisional and regional teams, drafting executive messages, develop strategy to engage internal customers, and supporting senior management with communications tools for multi-channel distribution.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Maintain, manage, and help develop and publish company communications resources, including websites, newsletters, employee communications, internal meetings, videos, and company publications to help promote employee engagement and effective external messaging.
- Write articles, copy, memos, papers, press releases and other communications.
- Manage communication projects independently that keep key internal constituents informed and involved, including PAC, external advocacy efforts, and current affair updates.
- Develop and execute a social media strategy including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Develop and maintain government relations scoreboard to track progress on key issues.
- Maintain PAC member lists for all state and federal PACs.
- Assist the Government Relations team members with preparing presentations.
- Maintain calendar and key date tracker for the Government Relations team.
- Support overarching governmental relations strategy and advocacy efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field or comparable discipline or other related discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 5+ years of relevant experience writing, editing, designing, administering and supporting communications efforts in a large corporate office and/or political environment.
- Ability to maintain a website and manage vendor relationships for the organization.
- Experience writing/publishing a newsletter and utilizing social media.
- Experience in design and preparation of presentations and other media.
- Experience with graphic design, multi-media, web-casting, videography, and/or photography.
- Candidates will be required to submit writing/portfolio samples.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home up to 30%.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and assist with other duties as required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe software including Acrobat and Photoshop.
- Demonstrate a hands-on, collaborative approach; work well in a team.
- Demonstrate strong oral / written communication and listening skills.
- Have strong planning and organizing skills, as well as project management skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to details.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, appropriate manner.
- Ability to summarize data from different sources into a concise format that can be easily expanded and communicated to support initiatives.
- Demonstrates the following competencies in the execution of work: customer focus, communicates effectively, action oriented, organizational savvy, interpersonal savvy, plans and aligns, tech savvy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to communicate with others by telephone and in person.
- Able to utilize a computer for word processing, email communication, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The position may require work outside of normal business hours.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.