To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, TX
- Phone: 214-414-1237
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Arlington, TX - Paramedic - Full Time - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
American Medical Response • Arlington, TX
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Arlington, TX - Fulltime Paramedic - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Job Title: Paramedic Lead - Fulltime Location: Arlington, TX Company: AMR - South Reports To: Field Supervisor Posting End Date: Department: Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner. Oversee task performance of EMT partner and make or approve all decisions requiring interpretation of clinical delivery and company policies. The Paramedic Lead Technician has primary responsibility for the operation for the unit to which assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Responsible for all aspects of operations of the unit assigned to. The lead paramedic makes and/or approves all medical decisions of the unit.
- Responsible for maintaining optimal readiness of their unit at all times including ensuring that the necessary equipment/supplies are on board and in good working condition.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Current Texas State Paramedic License.
- One year experience within a high 911 call volume EMS system
- Possess a valid Texas State Driver's License.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS or PEPP, BTLS or PHTLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
- Driving record in compliance with AMR Safety and Driving policy.
- Minimum of 1 year verifiable 911 experience required.
We are an EOE/AA employer and AMR selects the best individual for the job based on job related qualifications, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, ancestry, marital status, or disability.
** CB DO NOT REMOVE **