To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jamesburg, NJ 08831
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative
Central Garden & Pet • Jamesburg, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Due to our continued growth, our Pet Distribution division is seeking Customer Service Representatives in our new Pet Distribution facility that will be opening in Hamilton, New Jersey in the upcoming months. Until the facility moves, this position is located in Jamesburg, New Jersey and we are offering a travel allowance until the move to Hamilton is complete. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for answering phones and handling customer requests such as order status, inventory discrepancy issues on orders, managing customer expectations, successful order processing. This individual will be a centralized contact for both customer communication and internal sales support requests. The ideal candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various departments.
Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT) is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet and lawn and garden supplies markets. Please see our website at www.central.com for additional company information.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Build strong relationships with repeat customers who order on a weekly basis
- Maintain accurate customer files
- Enter orders via an automated warehouse management system (WMS) with high accuracy
- Handle large volume of inbound calls & emails from Customers and Territory Managers requesting information on product availability, pricing and delivery
- Process customer orders via EDI, phone, fax, internet
- Assist customers in clarifying orders shipped, received and returned–good tracking skills via company trucks or common carrier
- Coordinate with other departments to assist and properly inform the customers
- Attempt to resolve problems before escalating to another department
- Remain current on product availability, changes in codes, and product development
- Respond to all account questions coming from the accounting department
- Process Vendor Claim Requests for Jamesburg branch
- Manage the RGAs (Return Goods Authorizations) process
- Manage Drop Ship orders process
- Run daily and weekly customer service related reports and follow up with warehouse personnel to check status when necessary
- Ensure will-call customers are handled in a timely manner
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma.
- Three-year previous customer service or call center experience, especially in a warehouse environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Must be able to solve problems and handle complex customer issues
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Must have experience with MS Excel, Word and Outlook, knowledge of a Prelude or AS400 type WMS, is a plus but not required
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a cooperative, collaborative team environment
- General Office duties, extensive client interaction, client follow up, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Primarily office environment, working in a sedentary position with frequent use of PC and phone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
#LI-PRI #LI-CM1 #CB