To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior State Income and Franchise Tax Consultant
Deloitte • Boston, MA
Posted 21 days ago
Senior Tax Consultant, Multistate Tax
Our Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is looking for a Senior Tax Consultant to join our Team in the NYC office. As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will be a valuable part of the engagement team by providing state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state taxation by working on large complex tax projects, and have access to exceptional resources and continue to develop your supervisory and leadership skills. Responsibilities will include the following functions.
• Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation
• Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients’ tax department
• Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings
• Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance
• Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for income taxes
• Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in state income and franchise tax
• Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns
• Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• CPA certification (or in process of obtaining) or LLM designation
• Supervisory experience
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experienceAdditional Information
How you’ll grow
Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.