To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irving, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
KellyMitchell • Irving, TX
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Franchise Specialist
- This position will have primary responsibility to manage the process to obtain multiple telecommunications franchise agreements from local governments within a given market.
- Candidate must have the ability to analyze and determine rights and obligations under federal, state, and local laws, case law, and regulations regarding a telecommunications carrier’s use of the public right-of-way.
- The candidate will be the primary interface with local (city/county) governments and will work directly with local government representatives to apply for franchises, receive proposed franchise agreements, compare franchises to competitor agreements and applicable law, exchange redline edits to proposed agreements, assist in the negotiation and finalization of franchise agreement ordinances, and shepherd the franchise through the city council or county commission approval process.
- Work effort will also include the submission of required items such as high level plans, state commission or secretary of state certificates, insurance certificates, surety bonds, and business licenses.
- Candidate will advocate company positions before local government representatives which may include workshops and public hearings.
- 8-10 years professional experience.
- Licensed attorney or J.D. degree preferred.
- Ability to analyze federal, state, and local laws, applicable case law, and other regulations regarding a telecommunications provider’s use of municipal rights of way.
- Understanding and experience regarding Section 253 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996, including the equitable and nondiscriminatory treatment as determined by federal and state case law.
- Telecommunications industry knowledge including large and small cell wireless applications, understanding of regulations and obligations applicable to an Incumbent Local Exchange Carriers (ILECs) versus Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLECs), and FCC and state PSC/PUC regulation.
- Ability to understand complex business plans and to successfully negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet company objectives.
- Ability to compare competitor franchise agreements to those proposed by local governments, note variations, and negotiate for equitable treatment.
- Ability to persuade others through well thought arguments that comply with applicable law, meet municipal requirements, reduce unnecessary or burdensome regulations, and allow for effective franchise compliance moving forward.
- Experience with local government franchise ordinance approval process including document preparation, workshops, and city council public hearing process.
- Familiarity with certificates of insurance, surety bonds, and letters of credit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- SAP experience a plus.