To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Barista, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab
AbilityLab • Chicago, IL
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Barista is responsible for preparing and serving all premium coffee cart products with friendly, individualized attention towards each customer. The Barista is also responsible for promoting products and educating customers about menu items.
The Barista will consistently demonstrate support of the RIC statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Barista will demonstrate RIC Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and RIC Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Barista will:
- Ensure that all customers are educated on products and services, including special promotions.
- Prepare menu items proficiently while maintaining the highest quality, consistent product and brand standards.
- Follow all coffee cart drink/bakery recipes and procedures.
- Greet all customers with fast, friendly, personalized service and develop a rapport with customers by learning their names, favorite drinks and food items.
- Accurately ring sales orders into cash register and count back change to customers in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Answer customer questions regarding coffee blends, preparation, and product freshness.
- Maintain efficient, friendly service.
- Respond proactively to prevent customer service problems.
- Restock items when necessary and routinely clean cart area, condiment area and tables.
- Report potential safety hazards and accidents to manager on duty.
- Inform manager on duty of any operational inconsistencies.
- Complete all opening and closing functions of the cart.
- Complete all cashier responsibilities at the beginning of shift, during operations and end of shift.
- Complete daily sanitation requirements and checklist.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Retail Manager.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions when preparing food, serving customers and staff, and performing non-complex mathematical calculations at a level normally acquired through the completion of elementary school.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to courteously greet customers and serve customers.
- Basic analytical skills necessary to portion and prepare proper ingredient amounts from standardized recipes.
- Ability to maintain positive morale and professional attitude.
- Dependable, well-organized and detail orientated.
- Cash register and cash handling experience.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.