To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Director, Group Actuarial Services - Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 3 days ago
Are you ready to lead a team and analyze data and deliver bold, business-savvy solutions to help millions live healthier lives? UnitedHealth Group is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day.
The Director of Group Part D Actuarial Services is responsible for providing actuarial direction and strategy to the actuarial pricing team that supports managed care rate development for a variety of programs. The Senior Director will lead a cross functional team for the Medicare and Retirement team and work with custom Employer group cases, potentially including client presentations and sales team development. The position will also partner with the Medical Actuarial team and Underwriting team and leverage Medicare knowledge to create innovative market leading products for growing Medicare Advantage Part D coverage and the Part D stand alone products sold to Employer, Union and Public groups.
- Managing and coaching teams of actuaries.
- Lead actuarial analysis and services in support of medical analysis, trend projections, and rate negotiations
- Oversee and analyze financial and claims data to evaluate utilization and unit price trends.
- Design and oversee ad hoc health cost analyses.
- Pricing products consistent with financial and business objectives.
- Balance growth and profitability goals to maximum results.
- Assist with and participating in negotiations and presentations where appropriate.
- Develop the organization's premium rate structure through the forecasting of financial/statistical data in a manner which is actuarially sound and competitive in the marketplace including cash flow analysis and financial projections.
- Bachelors degree in Actuarial Science, Math, Economics or related degree
- ASA or FSA designation is required
- 10+ years of Actuarial experience
- 5+ years of experience in a health or managed care setting, specifically with developing pricing methodologies, program rates, cost estimates, valuation and reserves
- 3+ years of experience managing a staff and leading a team in complex actuarial projects that have a large financial and/or risk impact preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills are required
- Strong Part D knowledge is preferred
- General Medicare knowledge is preferred
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.