To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA 95131
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Assistant Bank Client Service Manager
Bay Commercial Bank • San Jose, CA
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Bay Commercial Bank is a growing Community Bank with ten offices through out Northern California. Our primary focus is delivering personal attention to the financial needs of successful businesses.
Bay Commercial Bank offers Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term and Short Term Disability, 401K with a generous match, free checking and savings accounts and other benefits.
The Assistant Client Service Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the branch and for backing up the Client Service Manager in their absence. They are responsible for providing and managing the efficient, effective and accurate performance of all the Operations Functions of the branch including Teller functions, New Account functions and background operations tasks and duties. The Assistant Client Service Manager is also responsible for actively cross-selling Bank products and services and to provide support to the staff in their cross-selling efforts. The ACSM also performs a variety of daily tasks including the review of management reports and daily callback, solving problems associated with item and data processing, and assisting the Client Service Manager and the Chief Operating Officer with duties and projects as requested. The ACSM will ensure that clients are served promptly, courteously, efficiently and professionally.
Bay Commercial Bank was conceived with the realization that clients deserve access to the decision-makers. They deserve the opportunity to have relationships with contacts at their bank that bring knowledge to the table; knowledge that can be used to advance the goals of the client's business. In short, they deserve what they themselves strive to provide to their clients: knowledgeable and professional service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Assumes responsibility for the management of the branch.
- Manages all operations personnel and activities.
- Ensures that all Operations Department responsibilities are performed efficiently, effectively and accurately.
- Manages expenses within approved budget.
- Manages losses within approved budget.
- Encourages non-interest income.
- Balances branch cash daily and investigates, reports and resolves out-of-balance conditions.
- Performs daily review of Insufficient Funds Report, Overdraft Report, Kiting Report, New Accounts Reports, Closed Accounts Reports, Large Item Reports and other available reports and detects and reports any suspicious activities to Chief Operating Officer.
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective and accurate performance of all Operations Functions.
- Performs all Teller functions including deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, transfers, cashier’s checks, wires, and cash balancing.
- Performs all New Accounts functions including opening and closing accounts, check orders, online banking applications, eVue applications, stop payment orders, account maintenance and supercedures.
- Performs all other Operations functions including Online Banking daily maintenance and review, eVue daily maintenance and review, ATM and debit card issuance, courier agreements processing, credit ratings, return items, stop payments, in-mail and courier deposits, cash orders and shipments, collections, check reconciliations, notice and check printing, ACH returns and pre-notifications, Currency Transaction Reports, Suspicious Activity Notifications to the BSA officer and monthly certifications.
- Performs dormant and inactive accounts, annual escheatment, legal processes and daily callback procedures.
Assumes responsibility for Business Development activities.
- Actively cross-sells all bank products and services.
- Trains and supports staff to actively cross-sell all bank products and services.
- Performs outside calls to potential and current clients when time permits.
Assumes responsibility for following all bank policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Follows all bank policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations and/or revisions to the Operations Administrator or the COO for the Operations Department Standard Procedures Manual.
- Trains and ensures that staff is following all bank policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines.
- Performs all requirements under the various regulations including but not limited to:
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with clients, other staff, and executive management.
- Projects a friendly, helpful and positive attitude towards clients.
- Assists other personnel and executive management as requested.
- Informs the Client Service Manager and the Chief Operating Officer of department activities and any problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Actively participates in meetings and other events.
Assumes responsibility for other related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that branch is clean, secure and well maintained.
- Ensures that related clerical duties including filing and shredding of sensitive data are completed on a regular basis.
- Ensures that the Bank is represented in a courteous and professional manner.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller, New Account and Operations procedures. Thorough understanding of banking regulations and standard banking practices.
Experience Required: Previous management experience and a minimum of 3 years bank experience in Operations Department.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software package.
- Ability to operate related computer hardware and other business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, telephone, encoder and paper shredder.
client services, client services officer, bank, banking, teller, financial services, customer service, personal banker, universal banker, operations supervisor, operations manager, branch service manager, teller supervisor, sales support, calling, business development, cross sell, assistant branch manager