To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Amplifon USA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Regional Franchise Business Manager
Miracle Ear • Charlotte, NC
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Miracle-Ear®, an Amplifon company, is one of the most recognized and most trusted brands in hearing care. It's also a remarkable place to work. Currently Miracle-Ear® is looking to hire a driven, consumer-oriented, Regional Franchise Business Manager located in the Mid-Atlantic Region (North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia and Virginia).
The main emphasis of this position is to grow hearing aid sales in the assigned territory. The Regional Franchise Business Manager will accomplish this through multi-tiered responsibilities.
- Regional Management: Acts as a liaison between Headquarters and Franchisees; Drives the coordination of management solutions for the franchise business needs through the efforts of other team members and/or self. This person serves as the main "hub" for all regional activity.
- Business Development: Works with new and existing franchisees in establishing and developing their sales strategy and revenue planning, as well as monitoring key performance indicators for each franchisee. Works closely with Franchise Sales Manager to source potential qualified new franchisees that could purchase unassigned or under-performing territories, or terminated franchisees.
- Operations: Conducts operational review to understand the health of the businesses in assigned territory. Creates and monitors actions steps for corrective action. Recognizes and disseminates best practices information.
Serve as primary contact for franchise accounts within their territories.
- Develop and implement action plans toward resolution of unsatisfactory franchisee performance to meet company strategic objectives.
- Identify and develop alternative scenarios for headquarters when a distressed franchise has been identified including assistance in sourcing prospective franchisee candidates which could qualify for purchasing the territory. Assist franchisees in the initial research and development of new office locations within their franchise territories.
- Suggest programs to headquarters to support units, ASP growth, and sales initiatives.
- Assist in development of all new territories whether acquired via transfer from franchise or expansion.
- Provide hearing aid sales and business analysis support to all franchisees in assigned territory.
- Suggest and help structure consultant motivational activities and sales contests with assigned franchisee, where necessary.
- Assist Franchisees in the search for new appropriate office locations based on demographic information.
- Become familiar with retail competitors in the territory in order to have ready sources of new potential franchisees.
- Ensure proper product and sales training is conducted for the region.
- Inform VP of Sales Operations of under-developed territories in order to coordinate the process of finding alternatives.
- Partner with appropriate departments to support franchisees in achieving business goals.
- Meet on a regular basis with all assigned franchisees for assessment, planning and corrective action development based upon in-depth understanding of their key performance indicators; i.e. Sales, Staffing, Training, Territory Penetration, Marketing & Advertising, Profitability, Operational Programs, and Technical Status (both IT and Product). In the case of IT and Product, serve as liaison to Professional Development Department as necessary.
- Assist in the deployment, and correct use, of any new POS software.
- Instruct and assist franchisees in the preparation and tracking of business plans. Utilize both company and franchisee data to monitor franchise performance to plan.
- Serve as consultant to franchisees on fundamental business issues including accounting, AP, AR recruitment and promotion.
- Perform Compliance Audits / Operational Reviews. Interpret and ensure compliance with practices, policies, programs and initiatives by the franchise organization.
- Review franchise agreement compliance and initiate corrective action for agreement violations.
- Recognize and disseminate information of any and all best practices which would help the Franchise system collectively in reaching higher sales productivity or operational efficiency.Regional
- Lead and influence the cross-functional team within the region using matrix-like management; managing individuals who are not direct reports, in an effort to ensure that the diverse needs of the franchise region are met.
- Promote a team environment with the goal of creating exceptional service and tools through cooperative efforts.
- Adhere to budget and monitor travel expenses.
- Understand and follow all company and regulatory policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or as required to meet customer or business needs.
- Provides direction to functional regional support and gives performance feedback to appropriate manager.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 7-10 years of retail or franchise management experience; including sales, operations, audit & analysis, supervisory and full P&L responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent Business Management experience.
- Experience within the Hearing Health Care Industry highly desirable.
- Multi-Franchise or Retail experience is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all types of people.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to creatively recommend suggested solutions to franchise business performance issues.
- Must be comfortable and effective with analyzing business and financial situations, and reports.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations i.e., working with a Franchisee who is financially stressed and may have to be convinced that they have to sell their business.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must understand the legal aspects of representing a franchise sale.
- Must be personable, ethical, have a clean work record in terms of financial dealings in the past.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Internet.
- Approximately 80%- 90% travel