To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Neptune City, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Events Specialist- Part Time
Gannett Co., Inc. • Neptune City, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Asbury Park Press, is seeking a Part-Time Event Sales & Marketing Representative to meet subscription sales goals, build the brand image and presence and assist consumer trial at the region’s hottest events. The more you sell, the more you can earn!
Candidates must be 18 years of age and older and have prior sales experience.
This position requires flexible, non-traditional work hours. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interacting with the public, have a solid sales track record, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, and be highly confident and motivated.
• Attend The Asbury Park Press sponsored and local events to sell newspaper subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition. (Event Sales Goals)
• Coordinate events and onsite presence with Local Sales Manager to maximize sales exposure.
• Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience & Benefits • Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a fun and memorable experience.
• Capture LEADS – demonstrate steps to Link, Like & Love The Asbury Park Press on Facebook, APP.com, reporter email / newsletters, and more.
• Engage & Incentivize consumers in all product offerings and sales plans.
• Provide product demonstrations via virtual reality, video, interactive monitor, iPad, and/or mobile device.
• Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings and upcoming events. • Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to schedules and communicate regularly on project status.
• Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
• React to changes productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: • 0 - 2 years of sales experience. • Sales skills should be present along with strong communications skills. (We provide training. We work with you to succeed.) • Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends • Time management and good organization skills are critical. • Must be savvy with social media and digital technology • Travel is a requirement of the position; must possess a vehicle, valid driver's license and car insurance.