To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Business Analyst - Consulting Development Program - Basking Ridge, NJ
UnitedHealth Group • Basking Ridge, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
General Business, Health Care
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Begin your career at UnitedHealth Group and you’ll get an opportunity to do something extraordinary with your first job out of school: make a real difference. We have modest goals: Help millions of people live healthier lives. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Brilliant. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. You’ll find a world of career options fueled by your performance and limited only by imagination. Start here.
Here’s the idea. We built focused businesses, inside UnitedHealth Group, organized around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Through our two business platforms, UnitedHealthcare and Optum, we work to improve the health care system and advance the health and well-being of individuals and communities so that they can enjoy better, fuller lives. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges. It’s a culture of optimism that’s not like any place you’ve ever worked. Many incredible ideas in one incredible company.
OptumInsight is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the U.S. health care system.
OptumInsight is one of the largest and fastest growing health information companies. We specialize in improving the performance of the health system by providing analytics, technology, and consulting services that enable better decisions and results. We integrate workflow solutions that deliver data in real-time, and create actionable insights - processing health information that relates directly to and affects one in four patients in the U.S., one in every three Medicaid dollars and one in every five emergency room visits. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What can YOU do with the right information? At OptumInsight, the possibilities and the impact are limitless. No matter what your role is at OptumInsight, you'll be empowered to ask more questions, develop better solutions, and help make the health care system greater than ever. It's always fresh. It's always exciting. And it's never been more important.
The Consulting Development Program, formerly known as the Leadership Acceleration Program (LAP), as part of OptumInsight, is a tailored program for recent college graduates who are interested in developing a consulting career in the Health Care industry. The multi-year includes the following:
- Focused professional development including live and computer based training
- Professional networking, executive exposure, and community outreach activities
- A dedicated professional mentor to help guide and shape your career path
- Opportunities to work with seasoned industry professionals
- Exposure to the most complex problems in health care via "real" client work
- Working directly with our clients to help determine needs and solve complex business problems by performing the following types of activities:
- Conduct research studies that may include collecting, analyzing, trending and presenting data and recommendations to management
- Assist with requirements analysis and verification
- Document customer/client requirements through clear, unambiguous, concise and effective written and oral communication
- Develop, enhance and maintain planning models, surveys, and benchmarks
- Perform analysis for business process re-engineering opportunities and define, develop and document before and after process flows
- Maintain work papers, work plans, methods and results
- Develop job aids, training material and instructions for team members
- Assist senior team members with project management duties
- Bachelor’s degree and/or currently pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university; coursework to obtain degree must be completed prior to start of employment. Degree must be awarded and verified within 6-8 weeks following the commencement date at your school
- Ability to quickly understand complex business issues and make strategic decisions
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time as part of the OptumInsight Consulting Team
- Thrive in team-based culture and fast changing environment
- Business acumen & global mindset
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered) F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job ID: 2551_698767
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.