To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Santa Ana, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Information Technology
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Santa Ana, CA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Monitor and analyze network/system logs for security and performance issues
• Manage a Network team and collaborate on any security, firewall or networking administration at multiple company sites
• Have expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches, multi-protocol routing concepts, VPN’s, IP/ARP/MAC, troubleshooting VLAN or physical connectivity for servers and other devices.
• Experienced knowledge of Data Center Environments and Colocation
• Configuration and support of network firewall and routers
• Configuration and support of Windows Active Directory
• Configuration and support of SAN’s
• Participate in site capacity planning and modeling.
• Provide General IT support for any system and applications requests or issues.
• Monitoring and support of servers and network in a production environment
• Research, analyze, and recommend new solutions and technologies
• Updating documentation of the configuration of systems
• Be available to participate in the team on-call support for any system outages.
• Disaster Recovery Implementation and support
• Act as the Company ISSM for DSS Accredited Information Systems
• Oversee Risk RMF System Accreditation and related activities
• Must be analytical, organized, and detail oriented, conscientious of time commitments and management’s requests. The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job - other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Essential Functions and Competencies
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Skills / Qualifications:
• 10+ years’ experience as a Network/Systems Administrator including 3+ years as a Senior Network/Systems Administrator or Engineer
• Management / leadership experience preferred
• Extensive knowledge of network architecture including switching, routing, trunking, VLANS, subnetting, 802.11 wireless, and IP utilities
• Advanced knowledge of MS Windows 2008/2012
• Advanced knowledge of network routing and firewall technologies
• Working knowledge of wireless networking and security
• Working knowledge of VPN and IPSEC
• Extensive knowledge of MS Active Directory
• Extensive knowledge of Virtual System Environment (VMWare ESX)
• Working knowledge of data backup strategies and tools
• Experience with SAN devices
• MS SQL experience a plus
• Risk Management Framework RMF Understanding
• Must be able to obtain / maintain an active DOD security clearance
• Must be a U.S. Citizen – this position supports federal / government contracts
• Must have fluent / effective, verbal / written communication skills in English.
Education / Certifications:
• Computer Related Degree
• Microsoft/SonicWall/Cisco certification preferred
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.Click here to send this Job
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.