To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
840 Grier Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Accountant - General Accounting
MGM Resorts International • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Finance Shared Services Center (FSSC) General Accounting Department (GA) Accountant is responsible for performing assigned accounting processes related to financial accounting and reporting including ensuring all balance sheet accounts reflect accurate financial position.
The Accountant supports the GA Supervisor or Manager in implementing improvements to processes and facilitating implementation of best practices to achieve standardization across all finance related functions and business units.
Prepare and complete tasks needed for successful operation of financial accounting functions for all business units supported by the General Accounting Department while adhering to GAAP and MGM Resorts International corporate accounting policies. Tasks will include consistent accounting record preparation, research, recording and reporting related to the following functional processes; purchase and expense accounting, treasury/banking accounting, payroll accounting, fixed asset accounting, cost allocations accounting, miscellaneous revenue accounting, contractual arrangement accounting, partnership and joint venture accounting, lease and tenant accounting and as well as other accounting functions as assigned.
- Record journal entries to accurately reflect appropriate accrual basis accounting transactions for assigned functions in the correct period including accruals of expenses, accruals of revenue, amortization of prepaid expenses, etc.
- Review and post transactions interfaced from sub-systems into the general ledger.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare and coordinate the timely and accurate reporting and remittance of all assigned general business licenses and taxes, property taxes and regulatory requirements.
- Track, accumulate and prepare necessary information reporting in a timely manner for all business unit departments related to assigned functions.
- Inform business units and others of unusual or unexpected financial results.
- Calculate and prepare payment requests for contractual fees.
- Ensure accurate billing and timely collection of all amounts due from tenants.
- Prepare/review financial analyses; investigate and resolve necessary items.
- Participate in projects for systems implementations and/or processes related improvements.
- Prepare requested schedules for periodic internal, external and regulatory audits and reviews.
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses and reports as assigned.
- Prepare accurate entries/reports/schedules needed to complete a timely financial close in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or at least 3 years specific accounting experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management.
- At least 2 years gaming industry experience.
- Knowledge and experience with MGM Resorts International financial systems (Infinium, AS400, Showcase Strategy, Cognos Finance, Cognos Bi).
- Advanced experience with use of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook) and financial mainframe applications including ability to import and export data to and from mainframe applications.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.