To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Columbus, OH
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Franchise Operations
Sears, Roebuck and Co • Columbus, OH
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Business Mgr, Franchise Ops leads the Franchise Operations & Support team that provides operations, marketing, performance, quality and brand support to franchise owners and their teams. This position provides strategic direction and executes operational processes and procedures for a single or dual franchise model. This role supports the optimization of franchise business performance that drives long term growth and franchise business value. This position supports operations with relevant tools and strategies (including sales methods, hiring tactics, pricing models, etc.) to elevate sales, profitability and standards. This position is also responsible for ensuring franchisees operate within Sears Home Services standards and policies.
Scope of Responsibility:
The Business Mgr, Franchise Ops provides ownership for all operations of Single or Dual Franchise Model of 100 franchisees with total sales up to approximately $50M+, including the achievement of annual financial goals, EBITA targets and profitable business growth strategies. The area of responsibility could include more than one Franchise Model.
- Manages the Franchise Model team to support and enable the sales and growth goals for franchise community of Sears Franchise Owners.
- Develops new initiatives and strategic launch that contributes to EBITDA growth of their franchise model.
- Coordinates with Concept Marketing Manager to develop and sustain a National and Local Marketing Plan for business segment.
- Oversees the introduction, establishment and rollout of company initiatives, support systems, programs, training, resources and operational development.
- Develops and enhances the uniqueness of the "brand" or "system". Regularly and systematically evaluate the results of overall operations, and of the franchisees' businesses, and report the results to the Vice President.
- Develops and implements procedures and tools to promote communication and adequate information flow between the Company and its franchisees. Ensures consistent communications to the franchise owners on system updates, upcoming events and other relevant information is required.
- Partners with the Franchise Consultants in monitoring the franchisees' financial performance and health on a regular basis. Provides guidance for developing financial budgets and operating plans on an annual basis.
- Evaluates and develops new service and product offerings as required, including working with the Company's product vendors and to assist the President in managing these vendor relationships.
- Reviews and makes decisions on outside venders that provide services to Franchise Concept based on analytics, needs of the business.
- Researches and reports on future changes in select industry
- Promotes Company-wide quality improvement efforts within internal SHBF operations, by utilizing customer satisfaction reports and by monitoring excellence in customer service.
- Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates.
- Minimum 7 years Operational Leadership and/or Management experience
- Excellent influential, collaborative and relationship building skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentative skills
- Disciplined in execution and works well cross functionally
- Demonstrated abilities in project management, strategic planning and multi-level team leadership
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate data and make operational decisions
Leadership experience with large network of a franchise model
Education Experience : Bachelor's Level Degree
Years of Related Experience : 5-10 Years
License/Certificate Required : No
Driver's License Required : Yes
Travel Requirements : 50%
Age Requirement : 18+