To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Omaha, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Operations Loan Officer - Call Center
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Omaha, NE
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Operations Loan Officer - Call Center
Tuesday - Saturday 9:00AM - 5:30PM
PenFed Credit Union is hiring an Operations Officer at the Omaha Service Center in Omaha, NE . The primary purpose of this job is to provide the necessary supervision and guidance to all assigned call center staff to ensure high quality member service as well as achievement of all phone unit performance goals. This position applies judgment to approve, pend, or decline consumer loan applications within delegated underwriting authority in accordance with Federal regulation and PenFed policies, procedures, and standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Oversee the daily activities of call center team in assigned business unit.
- Work with call center team in assigned business unit to ensure performance standards are met. Support, mentor and coach team members in both professional development and meeting sales and productivity goals.
- Provide training and guidance to call center team and ensures new products, procedures, and guidelines are communicated in a timely manner.
- Participate in performance appraisals and quality reviews.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the analysis and judgmental decision process for various Consumer loan products including Auto Loans, Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Motorcycle Loans, and RV/Boat loans.
- Review and evaluate loan applications and approves, pends, or declines requests to extend credit.
- Counsel members and potential members on PenFed products, policies, and procedures. Resolve complex member problems; making exceptions to policy within delegated authority as necessary.
- Handle escalated member situations.
- Review policies, procedures, and guidelines and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Act as an Assistant Treasurer within assigned authority (approve outgoing monetary requests as a delegate of the credit union).
- May act as Assistant Manager, Service Center Operations in their absence.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in customer service is required.
- Managerial or supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience coaching, leading, and developing subordinates highly preferred.
- This position will not mentor employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) to obtain a unique identifier required for Mortgage Loan Officers (MLOs). Registry must be maintained in accordance with PenFed policy and all related regulations.
- Must successfully complete Pentagon Federal Loan Officer Training Program.
- Must register with the Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services Insurance Division to hold a producer’s license.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
- Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.