To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Technical Business Analyst
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $285 million, fast growing for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1900 professionals in over 50 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Business Systems Analyst has practical experience in similar roles, with repeated practice performing business analysis in a variety of complex situations. A person in this role knows what techniques to use and what influences the usage of various techniques for the tasks. This analyst has a working knowledge of business analysis processes, such as requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, and training and familiarity with enterprise information systems. The Business Systems Consultant works with state and local government agencies to identify opportunities for streamlining operations and improving best practices using technology and enhancing case management IT systems. The Business Systems Consultant must produce quality work, meet client goals and objectives, and develop solutions to client problems in a timely manner. The Business Systems Consultant must be able to draw sound conclusions based on data analysis, and communicate findings to advise clients effectively, both in person and in writing.Qualifications:
• Serve as business analyst and subject matter expert on project engagements.
• Identify and recommend client business process improvements.
• Facilitate and manage software development lifecycle activities, such as requirements sessions.
• Coordinate the user acceptance testing process.
• Communicate and/or translate business challenges to IT and assist in developing solutions.
• Serve as liaison between various stakeholder groups and other third-party vendors.
• Create artifacts and formal deliverables relative to project initiatives.
• Contribute to project work plans, and other formal project management deliverables relative to project initiatives.
• Prepare other written reports and materials for clients.
• Supervise daily project functions and client interaction.
• Supervise, mentor and coach Business System consulting teams consisting of Business Systems Analysts
Essential Qualities and Skills:
• Commitment to exceptional client service.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Proven ability to take initiative to move daily work forward.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Ability to supervise clients and staff.
• Creative problem-solving ability and a consultancy mindset.
• Working knowledge of business analysis methodology and software development lifecycle.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Excellent business writing skills and ability to make presentations to various audiences.
• Strong Microsoft Office applications skills.
o 4+ years of relevant work experience preferred, preferably with a public sector organization or management consulting firm.
o Bachelor’s degree required
o Child Welfare and/or Human Services expertise preferred
o Master’s degree in Computer Science or Management of Information Systems highly preferred
o Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
• Ability to work overtime as required.
• Position is located full-time in Phoenix, AZ