To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Bend, IN 46601
- Roy Evans
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Network Engineer
CyberCoders • South Bend, IN
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cisco Network Engineer
In this key role, you will be responsible for engineering and operational support of our network services and infrastructure, growth of our enterprise network, and the research and introduction of new technology solutions.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
Welcoming environment, great work-life balance, strong compensation, benefits and training
Opportunity to Play Key Role on technical engineering team
What You Will Be Doing
• Configure Firewalls (Cisco Zone based),
• Configure and administer ASA firewalls, internet, 3rd party and internal, ACL
• Consult with and analyze business needs, recommend solutions, and provide effort/cost estimate guidance
• Lead the design and implementation of new IT and network services/systems/solutions, and assessment and remediation of existing to ensure technical completeness, optimization, and ability to effectively and efficiently deliver business requirements
• Develop and implement project plans for network technologies and systems
• Research, negotiate and provide inputs for cost benefit analysis on network related initiatives
• Prepare detailed specifications and end to end Visio designs for implementation and support of network solutions
• Monitor, log, track and resolve hardware, software, and infrastructure deficiencies and note weaknesses or tendencies toward failure within the full range of system lifecycle -- build, service provisioning, operations & decommissioning
• Diagnoses of performance and system issues to ensure effective business operations
• Design, develop, and test network systems, supporting tools, and solutions to address user/business needs
• Establish repeatable processes/ templates to drive operational efficiency with continuous feedback/ improvement.
• Engage, interact with, and drive vendor and peer support team resolution of Network related incidents
• Conduct root cause analysis of network device, system, and service related incidents
• Proactively monitor, manage, and respond to facility hardware, software, and infrastructure problems in the support of network systems across the Schurz enterprise while ensuring compliance with change and governance processes
• Train and give technical support to new and existing customers of network systems/services and peer support teams/resources
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
• Work occasional off hours to control interruptions to production processing and business impact
What You Need for this Position
• Cisco certification, CCNP or CCIE preferred
• 5+ years of experience in networking
• Experience designing, managing, and supporting sophisticated network environments
• Experience designing, managing, and supporting DMVPN connectivity
• Experience architecting and designing the related artifacts used in the implementation of end to end network solutions (including: System Interaction Diagrams, Logical Design Diagrams, Physical Design Diagrams, Network Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Non-Functional Requirements, etc.)
• In depth knowledge of industry protocols including TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, HSRP/VRRP, IPSec and VLANs and Spanning tree
• Ability to take customer requirements and design/architect solution models to support them
• Ability to troubleshoot problems across all layers of the OSI model, and as an expert at the Data Link, Network, and Transport layers
We'd be really excited if you have experience with any of the following:
• Working within very large managed projects and programs
• Wireless Implementation and configuration. Cisco Meraki wireless controllers and access points. Understanding of 802.11G/N in both 2.4 and 5 GHz frequencies
• ISP provisioning
• RADIUS(NPS), NetFlow, TACACS+, SNMP, SSH, Syslogging
• VoIP, H.323, SIP, H.264, RT Audio/RT Video, Silk
• EIGRP, BGP, SNMP, Sys logging, SSH, STP
o QOS/COS traffic shaping/bandwidth throttling
o Monitoring, packet capture and analysis
What's In It for You
EIGRP, OSPF, Cisco Routers, Cisco Firewalls, Project Management, Voip, Visio, DMVPN Connectivity, all layers of the OSI model
If you are a good fit for the Cisco Network Engineer position, and have a background that includes:
EIGRP, OSPF, Cisco Routers, Cisco Firewalls, Project Management, Voip, Visio, DMVPN Connectivity, all layers of the OSI model and you are interested in working the following job types:
Information Technology, Engineering, Professional Services
Within the following industries:
Printing - Publishing
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the job in more detail with you!
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.