To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Quantico, VA 22134
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Electronic Technician II
Sotera Defense Solutions • Quantico, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sotera, a Top 50 Government Contractor recognized by the Washington Business Journal, is looking for top talent to join our team! Be part of an exciting team dedicated to keeping America safe at home and abroad. The rapidly changing and dynamic challenges our U.S. government customers face every day will inspire your ingenuity and challenge you to achieve more than you thought possible.
Sotera’s Mission is to:
- Ensure our customer’s ability to surreptitiously collect, transmit, store, and catalog video evidence and intelligence in support of all investigative programs.
- Provides technical leadership in an advisory capacity for programs responsible for the collection and distribution of video surveillance data and the provision of analytical tools to efficiently and effectively analyze collected evidence and intelligence data.
The Electronic Technican II:
- Performs hand-tool sizing and usage, drilling, tap and die usage, metal forming, and loading. Will use the following machines: 2-Axis Lathe, 3-D Printer, Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Machine, Drill Press, and Radial Ann Saw. Utilizes IP networking hardware and software. Designs, prototypes, tests, and evaluates electro mechanical devices.
- Works with woods, metals, and plastic to produce products that support video requirements. Must be able to make modifications to existing hardware in an expeditious manner, often based on minimally documented design modifications.
- The Engineering Technician shall also test boards and assemble devices, using commercial or special purpose test equipment. Creates documents, supporting all work and operations. Familiarity with Visio and MS Word is a plus.
- Must be able to travel and perform operations on elevated platforms and buildings (up to 850feet). Must also be able to carry a 50lb load.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Bachelors Degree and at least 3 years of related electronic technician experience to include:
- Design, prototyping, assembly, and testing of electro-mechanical devices. Requires competence in Computer Aided Design (CAD)/Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) designing and configuration techniques.
- The candidate shall be familiar with the following CAD programs: Solid works, 3-D Inventor, NX, or 3-D CAD. Shall have experience with video distribution systems and video equipment.
- Configuring cameras for optimum performance and optical character reader technologies.
- or Masters Degree and 2 years
- or Associates and 6 years
- or High School Diploma and 8 years
About The Organization:
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national security technology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sotera through its online applicant system, please contact Sotera’s recruiting team at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].