To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bristol, CT 06010
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Counsel & Director of Trade Compliance, Government Contracts Program
Barnes Group • Bristol, CT
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Barnes Group has an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Trade Compliance and Government Contracts for attorneys interested in joining a company that is reinventing its in-house counsel model with its client-first orientation and business partnership approach. The candidate will lead the development and implementation of world-class trade compliance and government contracts program to support the strategic requirements of the business to achieve sustainable profitable growth. The candidate will act as the lead and subject matter expert on all U.S. export controls, trade sanctions compliance and government contract negotiation for the business, including the development of compliance processes and procedures and the filing and management of export licenses. He or she will teach, educate and train our global organization on trade compliance. The selected candidate will also provide support on general legal matters as directed by the SBU General Counsel and must have strong legal acumen, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated project management experience to assist in launching and streamlining a number of key and critical processes. If you are a high-energy individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
- Provide legal advice and counsel on a wide range of general legal, contractual, commercial and compliance matters to Barnes Aerospace’s global locations in furtherance of its strategic growth initiatives.
- Provide strategic leadership and legal stewardship of Barnes Group’s global ethics and compliance program with particular focus on compliance with U.S. export controls, international trade regulations, and U.S. Government FAR/DFAR requirements (the “Program”).
- Develop, initiate, maintain and revise policies, procedures and processes for the general operation of the Program.
- Provide functional oversight of Barnes employees serving as export/import and U.S. government contract focal points.
- Develop and lead, with minimal supervision, internal compliance reviews, Program enhancements, and the creation and deployment of training to ensure world-class compliance.
- Prepare, negotiate and monitor compliance with U.S. Government contracts.
- Develop / maintain standardized export licensing templates, technology control plans and U.S. Government contract templates, tools and processes; drive Program standardization and efficiencies consistent with the Barnes Enterprise System.
- Plan, file and manage export and re-export licenses from the relevant U.S. and international export control authorities.
- Support corporate transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, with efficient integration of the Program into affected business units.
- 7-10+ years of either law firm or in-house experience; Membership in good standing of a state bar.
- Excellent organizational, written, interpersonal and communication skills; executive “presence.”
- Significant expertise in FAR / DFAR contracting, EAR, ITAR and OFAC regulatory compliance, and import processes.
- Project management acumen; Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently; calm and focused in pressure situations.
- Ability to work independently and without close supervision.
- Familiarity with process improvement concepts and proven continuous improvement experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline and a Juris Doctorate in law from accredited institution.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.