To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irwindale, CA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Franchise Medical Director - Biosense Webster
Johnson & Johnson • Irwindale, CA
Posted 15 days ago
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Franchise Medical Director aligned to Biosense Webster, Inc, located in Irvine, Ca or Irwindale, Ca.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Biosense Webster is the global leader in the science of diagnosing and treating heart rhythm disorders and one of the fastest-growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson. Learn more about Biosense Webster at www.biosensewebster.com.
The Franchise Medical Director will have global medical affairs responsibility in support of the diagnosis and treatment of heart rhythm disorders. In addition, he/she will co-develop and deliver global innovation and life cycle business strategy. This role will also establish long term product opportunities, and evidence needed for development programs and post market products. The Franchise Medical Director will:
- Shape the industry by building strong relationships externally with key stakeholders (Key Opinion Leaders, Surgeons, Regulatory Agencies, Professional Societies, etc.) to anticipate industry trends, understand clinical/medical insights, unmet medical needs and global standards of care in order to deliver quality products/solutions.
- Work with the Medical Business Partner; R&D, Clinical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Quality & Regulatory Compliance, Pre-Clinical, Health Economics & Market Access and Professional Medical Education.
- Ensure the execution of all phases of products' development, establish evidence generation and dissemination strategies for the company's sponsored and investigator initiated studies.
- Chair the Clinical Research Committee to ensure medical scientific alignment between Clinical Research and the company's strategic needs.
- Participate in Key Governance Forums, including Global Management Boards, Cross Functional Leadership Teams, Portfolio Management Teams, Protocol Review Committee, Safety and Quality Review Boards.
- A minimum of a MD is required.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience in post graduate medical education (beyond initial licensure), fellowship, subspecialty training, clinical practice, or dedicated research, is required.
- At least 3 years of experience as a clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist is preferred.
- Additional advanced degrees are preferred.
- A current license to practice medicine is preferred.
- Board Certification or an equivalent is preferred.
- Previous industry experience leading Medical/Clinical/R&D teams in a highly regulated, commercial medical device business is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in clinical practice as an attending level physician is preferred.
- Significant experience with clinical research is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise and success in building Medical Affairs, Clinical Research or Research & Development teams to meet the needs of a global set of businesses serving different clinical specialties or therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in medical data generation, interpretation and publication is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to build successful relationships with internal and external partners globally is required
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to successfully influence and implement policy with key customers and partners is preferred
- Experience with Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) closure device is strongly preferred.
- Collaborating with multiple partners and working effectively in a matrix environment is required
- This position is based in Irwindale, CA and may require up to 50% travel, national and international
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)