To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dublin, OH
- Cardinal Health
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Consultant, Transportation
Cardinal Health • Dublin, OH
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
What Transportation contributes to Cardinal Health
Transportation is responsible for the movement of materials and products between suppliers, manufacturing, warehousing and the customer. Management of transportation assets and systems to gain greater service, cost efficiency and optimization of processes.
Essential Job Functions
- Create and organize delivery data for future state negotiations
- Create and facilitate a tool to predict last mile delivery cost
- Assist in preparing transportation contracts and rates in FPA (Freight Payment and Audit) system
- Subject matter expert in routing and last mile delivery optimization
- Interact extensively with field teams to optimize functions and business processes, as well as assist in resolving problems brought to the departments attentions
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures
- Helps develop solutions with a delivery focus. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Must have Bachelor's Degree.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in transportation and warehouse operations
- Certified Kaizen leader or Six Sigma Blackbelt strongly preferred
- Previous contracting experience with agreements over $3 million yearly revenue.
- Ability to operate in cross-functional teams, in a matrix organizational structure
- Must have a solid working knowledge of transportation methodology, courier pricing models, route planning, PVA structure, and project management.
- Experience working in Manhattan TLM preferred
- Working knowledge of Appian Routing system preferred
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal to internal and external customers.
- Strong Collaboration and influencing skills
- Must have the ability to independently make decisions in a timely manner and take calculated risks.
- Must have the ability to be an effective team member as well as work independently.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate maturity and be able to respond positively to constructive criticism, suggestions, and conflicting ideas from internal and external sources.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with people in all levels of the organization.
- Must have flexibility to travel 30% and work before 5 am and after 5 pm when required.
- Must demonstrate advanced level of proficiency in Excel, a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Power Point.
- Deal /price in Pharma modeling experience a plus
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Strong project tracking skills
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of transportation processes and systems, including vendor management and network optimization
- Anticipates challenges and implements solutions across the transportation network
- Utilizes tools and methodology to achieve operations excellence throughout the Transportation network
- Execution of Fiscal Year transportation budget
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances network wide; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others to influence important outcomes.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Accountabilities in this role
- Ensure successful implementations of new technology and processes in the Distribution Centers
- Coordinate with Regional and Corporate Transportation to drive operational efficiencies
- Work with Director of Operations, Operations Management, and Finance to identify local and regional operational improvement opportunities
- Execute on the management agenda and drive performance to plan
- Successful negotiation of carrier contracts and ongoing performance and quality measurement of all contracted carriers and 3PL's
- Required to work with Lean Six Sigma Black Belts to gain Operations Excellence certification and knowledge
- Fully support sales, customer service and divisional departments to meet all customer expectations relative to service, timely delivery, fill rates and quality control within the distribution environment.
- Responsible for understanding and supporting the Freight Pay & Audit (FP&A) system.
- Import data periodically to complete delivery reports
- Ad-hoc report creation