To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Newell Brands • Atlanta, GA
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Under the supervision of the engagement Internal Audit Director and Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor is responsible for the completion of engagement sections related to operational, financial and compliance audits, as well as other assigned projects. The Senior Auditor is expected to continue to learn from daily job experience and the study of internal audit standards, procedures, tools, and techniques. The Senior Auditor will demonstrate and maintain technical competency in accounting and audit areas, develop working relationships with personnel from various functional areas and develop a solid understanding of the business and industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare client document requests and assist as requested with planning activities
- Complete detailed work programs for assigned areas to ensure that audit objectives are accomplished
- Conduct interviews with Company personnel and document business processes, risk and controls within assigned areas
- Plan, perform and document testing procedures in accordance with professional audit standards and Newell Brands IA Policies
- Perform and utilize data analytics tools and techniques
- Keep supervisors (Manager and/or Director) informed of the status of work and issues identified on a timely basis
- Adhere to project deadlines as well as engagement budgets for time and costs
- Assist with the preparation of audit reports and communication of findings to management
- Assist with the tracking and monitoring of management’s action plans and remediation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or other equivalent certification is preferred
- 4+ years of accounting or audit experience. Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Demonstrates unquestionable integrity professionalism
- Positive attitude, desire to learn, self-motivated and an effective team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to build effective relationships and promote customer focused solutions
- Highly proficient in computer skills including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and flow charting/process mapping applications
- Thrives in a team oriented, collaborative environment