To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supervising Engineer -- Rail Vehicle (ID# 33851)(Supervising Engineer – Rail Vehicles)
WSP / USA • Dallas, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Experience - At least 10 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
About WSP USA WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. wsp.com. This position reports to the Manager, Central/West Rail Vehicle Group of WSP America’s Transit & Rail Technical Excellence Center. The selected individual will be responsible for providing technical expertise for mechanical and/or electrical systems installed on rail vehicles. Vehicle technologies will include streetcar, light rail, rapid transit, and commuter rail vehicles. The position will be located in WSP's Dallas, Texas office. Job Duties Include:
- Assume technical responsibility for the preparation of technical reports in accordance with WSP’s ISO requirements and as requested by the client
- Preparation of progress reports to Rail Vehicle Manager
- Preparation of Technical Specification documents
- Investigation of vehicle system issues as requested by the client
- Assume role in assisting in new pursuits
- Perform billable work and other tasks as assigned as best fits training and ability
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in a Mechanical and/or Electrical engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in transit and rail systems design and management of transit and rail systems design employed by a major consultant, agency or contractor
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities in a logical and orderly manner
- Good communication and writing skills
- The ability to work in a disciplined manner with little supervision
- Knowledge of and experience with the mechanical/electrical systems associated with rail vehicles such as ATC, communications, propulsion, braking, HVAC, carbody structures, trucks, diesel engines, hydraulic transmissions, gearboxes and HEP units
- Experience in passenger rail vehicles, diesel multiple units and locomotives
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the state of Texas preferred
- local candidates only
Job ID: 33851
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.