To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leonia, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Product Engineer - Mechanical Design
Suez • Leonia, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanization and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimizing and renewing resources is essential to our future. SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, collects waste produced by 34 million, recovers 16.3 million tons of waste each year and produces 5,853 GWh of local and renewable energy. With 82,500 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of €15.1 billion in 2015.
Work as part of the Product Group team in Leonia, NJ and directly under the supervision of the UV Product Group Manager.
The Mechanical Design Engineer has the responsibility to research and develop new products and manage the lifecycle of new and existing products for both UV and Ozone disinfection. It is essential to develop cost-effective, workable solutions which are innovative, efficient, of high quality and durability.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will also provide expertise, technical assistance and training to the other department’s involved engineer- and service- personnel. The Mechanical Design Engineer’s duties will be mainly in an office environment with periodic trips to customer plants, various suppliers and fabrication / assembly facilities.
Required mechanical engineering specialties span from machine and drives, to structural analysis and electromechanical engineering.
Suez is a worldwide company and as such the Mechanical Design Engineer will have local and global responsibilities as listed below.
- Design and develop all the mechanical aspects of new products in conjunction with our R&D teams both in the US and in Europe. These products include but are not limited to:
- UV products which are designed and developed here in the US
- Ozone products which are designed and developed in Europe but need to be standardized for the local US market needs.
- Work in cross functional teams which include colleagues from other engineering disciplines, within or outside the Product Group team, like electrical and controls engineers for example.
- Design and implement cost-effective solutions to help improve the reliability, durability and quality of our product mechanical designs.
- Test and evaluate new designs in our R&D test facility here in Leonia, NJ.
- Recommend modifications and a path forward following prototype testing
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturers, suppliers and customers.
- Make sure our UV and Ozone products can be produced reliably and will perform consistently under a given set of operating environment.
- Make use of mathematical modelling and computer-aided designs when required.
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Participate in the commissioning of premiere UV or Ozone plant as needed
- In cooperation with the product group electrical and controls engineer, manage the life cycle and evolution of our UV and Ozone products.
- Create and maintain updated mechanical drawings, bill of materials, specification documents and quality control procedures.
- Provides training and support to Marketing, Sales, Engineering, Service and Project Managers as required.
- Manage the Return-Of-Experience (REX) from existing products in the field with an emphasis on mechanical designs.
- Define solutions to resolve technical problems
- Support R&D, engineering and project management in all technical aspects of:
- Research and new product development
- Product lifecycle care, reporting and corrective actions as needed
- Training and support to Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Service from other Suez business units (BU) in the world
- Design custom solutions as required by other Suez business units worldwide.
- Provide mechanical design expertise when transferring UV disinfection products developed in North America to overseas subsidiaries based on their needs and local regulations
- Provide mechanical design expertise when transferring Ozone disinfection products developed overseas based on the local North America needs and local regulations
- Standardize and streamline product designs in an effort to be in compliance with local and global mechanical engineering standards and requirements. #cb
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSEE/ MSEE)
- Proven track record of accomplishments as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Good knowledge of ASME, ANSI and any other standards associated with mechanical engineering requirements
- Experience with AutoCad, Solidworks is a plus
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Bilingual is a plus.
8- 10 years of experience in a similar manufacturing environment.