To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Barberton, OH 44203
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer 1
BWX Technologies, Inc • Barberton, OH
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWX Technologies, Inc. (BWXT) is a leading supplier of nuclear components and fuel to the U.S. government; provides technical, management and site services to support governments in the operation of complex facilities and environmental remediation activities; and supplies precision manufactured components and services for the commercial nuclear power industry. BWXT has more than 5,200 employees and significant operations in Lynchburg, Va.; Erwin, Tenn.; Mount Vernon, Ind.; Euclid, Ohio; Barberton, Ohio; and Cambridge, Ontario, as well as more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy sites around the country. Follow us on Twitter @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
Manufacturing Engineer I - BWX Technologies - Barberton, Ohio
- Responsible for development and support of manufacturing process plans in accordance with contract technical requirements.
- The Mfg Engineer assumes responsibility for implementtion of the manufacturing process and improvements to the process during the complete fabrication cycle.
- Ensures all design and quality requirements are satisfied.
- Works with Design Engineering during the component design phase to ensure the design can be manufactured in a cost effective manner.
- Identifies facility and tooling requirements, manufacturing methods and /or develops new manufacturing methods.
- Identifies material requirements and supports procurement.
- Monitors performance and controls costs of manufacture.
- Prepares technical procedures and documents.
- Resolves any problems encountered during manufacture.
- Works with customers and vendors as necessary.
- Provides status and schedule support of products during the complete manufacturing cycle.
- Prepares Program Plans as required, incorporating necessary schedule and support information.
- Qualifications include strong communication skills, interest in working with multiple disciplines in support of product design and manufacture and adept with Scheduling Software Programs.
- Candidate must be US Citizen and able to obtain a DOE issued Security Clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. Citizenship (with no dual citizenship) and ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.