To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO 80012
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mission Rock Residential • Denver, CO
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Property Controller
Direct Reports: 3-4
Location: Denver, Corporate Office
The primary purpose of the Accounting Manager is to review and analyze the financial statements for a portfolio of multi-family properties. The accounting manager is responsible for managing a group of accountants responsible for the daily activity and preparation of monthly financial statements. The position provides guidance and support to accounting staff and property management staff. The Accounting Manager will interact with other departments to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and training are maintained.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assists with the interviewing and hiring of team.
- Responsible for the supervision, training, and development of team.
- Ensures financial statements are prepared accurately and timely in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures.
- Analytically review and interpret financial information.
- Prepare and review journal entries for accuracy.
- Responsible for 3rd party payment such as tax, insurance, and debt service payments.
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receivable for timeliness and accuracy.
- Reviews/prepares funding requests, distribution calculations, and lender draws as required.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and review of final budget.
- Coordinates audit and tax requests.
- Responsible for cash management including the weekly Cash Analysis report.
- Inform Property Managers of issues, errors or areas of concern.
- Reviews balance sheet schedules for accuracy.
- Ensure consistency among property coding and report discrepancies.
- Respond to delinquent invoices and facilitate timely payments.
- Conducts ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Communicates with on-site staff to resolve Yardi issues and provide accounting support.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures, accounting policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in Excel.
- Recent experience with Yardi, MRI, Great Plains, MAS 90/200, MSI or AMSI.
- Ability to following established procedures.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and analyzing financial statements.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to perform cash forecasting and planning.
- Prior experience in successfully managing a team.
- Capable of working independently.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks accurately, timely, and consistently.
- Ability to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- CPA a plus
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Rare lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional to Constant Repetitive Fine Manipulation (keyboarding, ten key, writing).
- Rare to Occasional Simple Grasping.
- Occasional to Constant Sitting.
- Rare to Occasional Walking.
- Occasional twisting of the neck and waist.
- Rare to Occasional Reaching at or below the Shoulder level.
- Rare to occasional squatting/bending/stooping (filing & retrieving files).
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country or local travel to meetings.
- Occasional to Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment.
- 2 year(s): Managing Others
- 4 year(s): Financial Accountant experience
- 1 year(s): Property Management software - Yardi
- 2 - 3 years: Real Estate / Property Management experience
- Bachelors or better in Accounting