To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Multifamily Research Manager
CoStar Group • Atlanta, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- The role of Research Manager is responsible for leading a team of 8 to 12 Research Associates dedicated to delivering comprehensive market coverage of accurate and complete multifamily real estate information to CoStar clients.
- The Research Manager is accountable for the continuous delivery of timely, comprehensive and accurate information for their assigned markets/region whilst providing CoStar clients with the highest standard of customer service.
- The Research Manager is responsible for all data, research activity and relationships within their assigned markets/regions. Understanding market drivers and activity is a critical requirement to ensure the continuous improvement of data, relationships, revenue and retention.
- As a role model and mentor, the Research Manager will support and coach Research Associates in the pursuit of research excellence by providing guidance, sharing knowledge, best practice and solutions. Research Managers will nurture the development of team members through clear communication, regular coaching, constructive feedback and effective talent management.
- Lead a team of Research Associates ensuring the consistent achievement of agreed professional and performance standards.
- Coordinate and manage the workload and activity of team members to ensure maximum productivity, efficiency and performance is achieved.
- Prepare quarterly ‘Territory Plans’ outlining planned improvements in data coverage/depth, relationships and talent management initiatives
- Coach, mentor and develop team members through the continuous management of Individual Development Plans (IDP) tailored to individual skill, competency and career development
- Conduct regular telephone call coaching, training and mentoring.
- Share knowledge, experience, best practice and solutions to ensure the continuous improvement and professional development of team members
- Oversee the preparation of comprehensive, accurate and timely market reports on a quarterly basis.
- Partner with internal business partners to ensure the intensive review of data, the delivery of insightful and engaging market narrative and the production of forecasts for regional property sectors
- Manage the information resources of the assigned market/region to ensure all possible data sources are researched and the best method of contact is achieved, ensuring information is captured, input, and published in a timely manner and to the highest quality standards.
- Improve the coverage and depth of market/region data by demonstrating an innovative research approach by team members.
- Involves meaningful telephone interaction, relationship building, objection handling, effective questioning, listening, probing, building rapport, tracking relevant publications, and sharing information.
- Personally seek out and respond to client feedback, ensuring the timely resolution of issues resulting in minimal brand impact and the highest standard of customer service.
- Identify opportunities to work with sales colleagues in revenue generation and/or protection, and ensure a coordinated approach is consistently taken, including meeting and presentation content.
- Identify opportunities to establish or enhance client relationships through CRE events, meetings, webinars, support and product training.
- Establish and maintain an excellent understanding of CoStar products and be able to demonstrate the value of these products and CoStar research methodology at client meetings and events, and act as an ambassador for CoStar Research to both internal and external customers.
- Contribute to the vision of being a ‘center of excellence’ and ‘employer of choice’ through trust, open communication, creative thinking and cohesive team effort.
- Act as a role model by maintaining the highest professional standards and upholding the area’s Code of Conduct.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and on-boarding of Research Associates.
- Assist in the development of next generation research processes and applications.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Experience with creating effective KPIs and meeting performance metrics, being results-oriented
- Leadership and management skills, including the ability to prioritize and control workload of a team, coaching, and mentoring on professional development
- Administration and organization skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including strong Excel skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven leadership ability and the experience of managing large teams.
- Demonstrated success of building strong, cohesive teams by leading and motivating towards action/execution through influence and collaboration
- Ability to articulate and execute corporate strategy, well-communicated with the ability to influence
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, objectivity and the ability to think strategically
- Analytical approach with the ability to interpret information and trends, adapting quickly
- Confident personality with the ability to interact at all levels and establish rapport with both internal and external stakeholders
- Generous extended health care (includes hospital, prescription drugs, vision, and out of country coverage), dental, life, and disability coverage
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with company match through a Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) - you are immediately eligible to enroll, too!
- Our employees love the fast paced and competitive culture.
- 12 days accrued paid vacation 1st year, 5 days sick leave per year, 11 holidays per year, and leave for parental (newborn or adoption), your wedding, and bereavement
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing