To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Camp Hill, PA 17011
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Accountant - Government Contracts
Gannett Fleming • Camp Hill, PA
Posted 21 days ago
Throughout our 100-year history, Gannett Fleming has been an innovator and leader on a global level, providing world-class services in engineering, consulting, design, program, and construction management. With more than 60 offices worldwide, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s most prestigious engineering firms.
Our people are our secret to Excellence Delivered As Promised! We have fostered a culture of promoting progressive thinking to tackle complex engineering challenges – transforming creative ideas into reality! We are committed to supporting your career goals by providing professional development and training and the opportunity to work with respected industry thought leaders, while at the same time encouraging a healthy work-life balance. Our benefits and perks are competitive because we want to see a smile on your face as we change the world together.
Since 1915, Gannett Fleming has played a major role in some of the most multifaceted and iconic engineering accomplishments in the world. Join us on our journey as we continue to provide thought-provoking, customized solutions to our clients, improving and sustaining communities for the next 100 years!Responsibilities:
Our Corporate Accounting team is currently looking for a Senior Accountant / Government Contracts in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate would be interested in and good at researching, interpreting, and understanding client and contract requirements, government regulations, and audit policies, and consider how Gannett Fleming can best comply with these. Come join our team!
- Research in Federal, state, municipal government procurement regulations, cost principles, and audit policies
- Primary internal support for cost and price proposals and prequalification submittals to government agencies
- Development of indirect cost/overhead rates and rate projections for government contract pricing and billing
- Submittal of incurred cost proposals, financial and rate information to government agencies
- Comfortable with contributing ideas and solutions that will improve what we do at Gannett Fleming
- Work with auditors and external clients while being knowledgeable, positive and assertive about Gannett Fleming’s practices and policies
- Liaison with government agency external auditors and procurement personnel
- Coordination and participation in government agency incurred cost and pre-award audits
- Cost and expense analysis, and statistical sampling
- Perform special projects and provide support in other accounting areas, as required
- B.S. in Accounting
- More than five years of accounting experience, preferably in a government contracting environment. Knowledge of project cost accounting and Federal Cost Accounting principles --- including allowability of costs under government contracts
- Experience with accounting, cost control, and internal control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA, CIA, CPCM) helpful, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently, to produce quality work and provide outstanding service to internal customers
- Patience in dealing with government regulations, policies, personnel, and deadlines
Professional office environment in suburban location. Schedule will occasionally require overtime, including evenings and/or weekends. Core business hours are Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Flexible work schedules and occasional telecommuting may be considered, subject to management approval.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.