To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Madison, NJ 07940
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Business Development Director for Professional Lab Services - Madison/Secaucus, NJ
Quest Diagnostics • Madison, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Business Development Director for Professional Lab Services.
This Business Development Director for Professional Lab Services (PLS) will have a significant interface with customers focusing on contract negotiations for PLS opportunities. The BD Director will be able to lead contract negotiations with large (multi-hospital) health systems and drive to contract execution. The Director will work with the General Manager and Executive Director on strategy for contract negotiations and to prioritize opportunities, etc. This role will work with the PLS leadership team, regional team and members of the SMT to drive deals through contract development to implementation. In addition, will work collaboratively with the PLS leadership team to contract, implement and transition the deal. The Director may lead on-site due diligence meetings, create internal & external presentations, as well as directly represent PLS to potential clients.
- Leads interactions directly with the customer and develops customer relationship through due diligence, proposal presentation and contracting
- Prepares and presents proposals to C-suite customers as well as driving contract negotiations.
- Leads contract development and oversees red-lining process to completion.
- Evaluates and prepares PLS’s view on situations that need to be presented for executive / legal review and approval.
- Supports internal leadership and partners and external customers in a high pressure and time sensitive environment.
- Works collaboratively with various functional leaders (Ops, Legal, HR, etc.) in regards to contract negotiations and post contract transition period.
- Provides input and review on competitive and strategic pricing opportunities.
- Creates and reviews financial analysis for the purpose of evaluating PLS opportunities as needed.
- Supports the PLS team as needed to evaluate and secure new PLS business.
REQUIRED Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years of finance, business or business development experience
- BA in Finance ; MBA preferred
- Experience in Health Care or Hospital Systems strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence; comfortable interacting and presenting with senior executives; Ability to communicate complex ideas and handle ambiguity.
- Superb customer service and relationship building capabilities.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and mentor colleagues on deal evaluation and value propositions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and shift focus based on deal prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and leverage basic business tools such as SalesForce.com, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, WebEx, and the like.
Must be able to travel as needed (20-30%).
- Financial Acumen
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Strategic Agility
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: 'Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights.'
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity. Quest Diagnostics does not discriminate against individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in completing an employment application please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 262-439-1939 for assistance or an accommodation.