To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waynesboro, GA 30830
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Branch Manager I
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Waynesboro, GA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Branch Manager I
PenFed is hiring a Branch Manager I in Augusta, GA. The primary purpose of this job is to supervise the operations of a small branch that provides full lobby service in addition to an ATM, and possibly remote ATM (S). Note: The branches under the direction of a Branch Manager I may or may not provide teller service.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Develop and implement, (with oversight by the assigned Senior Manager, Branch Operations an operating budget, business plan with sales and productivity goals, and a marketing plan containing event promotions, and other strategies. The results of these plans or progress against budget, sales, and productivity goals are reported on a regularly scheduled basis, as is established by the assigned Senior Manager and Vice President, Branch Operations. The key focus of the plans is on recruiting new members, new checking, credit card applications, deposit dollars, loans sales, and cross sales. Responsible for maintaining and tracking all sales production daily and reporting results on a weekly basis,
- Direct the branch resources of staff, technology, and budget to ensure that member service standards for the cost center are met. Managers are responsible for the day to day member experience. The member experience is tracked in Everest, PenFed’s complaint tracking system. Member experience will be measured based on the number of complaints for the branch.
- Supervise the Branch BSR(s), Utility Teller(s), Teller(s) and/or Loan Officer as applicable. This supervision includes establishment of productivity and sales goals for staff members. Provide staff motivation through positive incentives. Administer corrective, disciplinary action, and counseling for staff members that are not meeting their standards and/or not performing their job in a manner consistent with PenFed P&P or management directive.
- Establish, implement, and maintain a daily huddle program and weekly one on one coaching program. The manager also produces a written evaluation on an annual basis for each staff members under their supervision. The annual evaluation must be written and administered under the guidelines provided in PenFed Personnel P&P's.
- Conduct staff meetings to review current marketing promotions, provide training or re-training on credit union procedures, technical procedures, or to review the results of branch performance. These meetings are intended to be presented in positive manner and should be well structured.
- Act as a loan officer within lending authority limits and refer loans not within limits to the appropriate department with recommendations. Ensure that all loan applications are acted on within 24 hours, and that the records related to the loan decision are preserved, organized and forwarded to either Member Records or Credit Committee, as appropriate. The manager or their designee is responsible for ensuring that all applications are actively worked on through final action.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the facility and the cash on hand against criminal and fraudulent operations. This includes enforcing the new member screening P&P, ensuring that all security equipment is adequately maintained, security procedures as noted on the Branch Inspection Form (657) are adhered to, and that all staff members are knowledgeable of their duties and actions notated under Branch Hold-up and Robbery P&P.
- Responsible for ensuring that the financial transactions of the branch and ATM are properly performed by staff and in compliance with P&P and Branch Procedure. The Manager is responsible for ensuring that the Branch, as a whole, and the ATM (S) balance each day. The Manager is responsible for forwarding all balancing sheets and financial transaction records to the Financial Accounting Department each day.
- Remain knowledgeable of PenFed products, procedures, and in areas impacting the credit union or the membership. This includes but is not limited to procedural, interdepartmental, company, base or military affairs and industry information-nation.
- Provide members information in regards to financial services offered by the credit union. This information is provided under the goal of financing purchases, resolving problems with delinquency, lowering finance charges on existing debt, reducing fee expenses, and/or increasing interest income on deposit products.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the branch facilities. This includes reporting all facilities items noted on Form 657, in addition to recommending changes or leasehold improvements, equipment purchases, and furniture required to keep the branch functional. The branch manager is also responsible for providing oversight for all contractors working on-site for the credit union.
- Coordinate activities with Car Dealers, Military or DoD Liaison Personnel, and/or Landlords or their representatives as is required by the Branch Plans, or through DoD regulation. Occasionally, the Branch Manager represents the Credit Union at an industry or DoD function.
- Present financial information through whatever forum is provided by our sponsor organizations, or through special assignment to a membership development function.
- Achieve 15% year over year growth for the branch in the following categories:
- New checking accounts
- New membership accounts
- New credit card applications
- New Loan Dollars
- New Deposit Dollars
- Achieve 5% year over year improvement on insurance products including the following:
- GAP Insurance
- Credit, Life and Disability Insurance
- Extended Warranty
- Achieve 30% or fewer turnovers for the branch.
- Maintain excellent member experience by managing the number of complaints.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of related work experience, some of which is in a supervisory capacity, preferably in a financial institution, is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a loan officer is preferred.
- "C" level Loan Officer Authority with PenFed or previous Loan Officer Authority preferred.
- This position will directly supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
- There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Limited travel to various worksites is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed will maintain and observe personnel policies which will prohibit discrimination or harassment against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability and all other statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 703-838-1568.