To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Contract Field Specialist - Houston TX in Houston, TX at General Dynamics Information Technology
General Dynamics Information Technology • Houston, TX
Posted 9 days ago
The Contract Field Specialist (CFS) assists with monitoring the implementation of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) Division of Children's Services (DCS) program with respect to the care and placement of unaccompanied children (UC).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Federal Field Specialist (FFS), including tracking of cases, scheduling conference calls, taking minutes, data entry of cases, entering updates into agency system, and coordinating with various government agencies as requested.
- Become familiar with, and advise UC programs on, UC policies, processes and procedures.
- Conduct monitoring and provide technical assistance to UC programs.
- Attend UC program staffings periodically or as requested to observe and monitor team functionality, organization, communications, effectiveness, and adherence to policies and procedures. Provide feedback to the Supervisory FFS on observations during staffings and make recommendations on additional training and technical assistance for program team personnel. Immediately report urgent issues, especially those related to the safety and welfare of a child.
- Review documentation of a random sampling of UC closed case files from each of a care provider's Case Workers or Clinicians. CFS will review the current status of the Care Provider Family Reunification Checklist during the monitoring period to ensure that all documents contained in the checklist are 1) in the UC case file 2) complete/incomplete and, 3) accurate. The CFS will ensure that Case Workers working on or gathering family reunification documents are following policies and procedures, and relevant guidance.
- As requested, meet with a random sampling of children as part of the site monitoring process using a pre-determined questionnaire.
- Monitor UC Portal data entries by UC program staff for quality, completeness, and timeliness of data. Check and validate daily program census.
- As requested, provide other training and technical assistance to Case Workers. CFS will continually assist Case Workers on applying current family reunification policy and guidance as well as other non-family reunification policy on an as needed basis. Management will determine what policies and guidance the CFS can assist Case Worker staff with.
- Reporting: CFS will report findings, including deficiencies, case management and clinical efficiencies encountered during routine onsite monitoring of UC case files. The CFS may be asked to take part in a corrective action plan, which will be done on a case-by-case basis.
- Tracks specific case types (such as cases undergoing age redetermination; SIRs; URM cases; ATIP cases, etc.) and performs additional duties as assigned.
- Long distance travel is required; potentially one trip every 3-4 weeks during UC influx periods.
- Flexible work schedule; potential weekend coverage.
3-5 years of related administrative experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience working with immigrant, refugee, and underserved populations is preferred.
Expert in MS Office suite of tools.
Bilingual fluency in Spanish.
Travel to facilities is required and will be reimbursed as per Federal travel regulations.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.