To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waltham, MA
- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- Phone: 484-896-5668
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Olympus Corporation of the Americas • Waltham, MA
Posted 9 days ago
Waltham, MA - The Quality Analyst will be a member of a dynamic team that participates in NPI development, providing input and solutions to assure the highest quality and reliability. The incumbent will drive identification of root cause and through the support of Engineering, implement solutions to manufacturing and supplier performance issues. He/She will act as the quality team's Analyst, providing data to support design engineering, production engineering, purchasing, and production throughout manufacturing operations. The incumbent's role is also hands on and requires a high energy individual to locate any parts with Quality issues, isolate them and work with Engineers to solve the problem. This role offers the opportunity to develop a deep technical understanding of a diverse array of technologies including: XRF (X-ray fluorescence), XRD (X-ray diffraction), NDT(Non-Destructive Test) instruments and Ultrasonic transducers. The incumbent will work closely with scientists and other world class engineers to create and produce best in class instruments and associated accessories. EOE M/F/D/V
* Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Evaluate and report quality data from Incoming Inspection, in-process and finished goods.
* Address and resolve Customer Feedback concerns.
* Maintain responsibility for containment and disposition of Non-Conforming material.
* Coordinate and arrange of Calibrated items.
* Coordinate and perform Internal and External audits.
* Contribute resolving problems and execute procedures for supplier and process quality control.
* Conduct internal and external audits when required.
* Support the Lean Sigma strategy for continuous improvement.
* Conduct analysis of Supplier provided parts in order to ensure they meet Quality and Specification demands as needed.
* Act as the liaison to Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Supply Chain and Engineering on issues related to material, process and finished goods quality.
* Achieve Company key performance objectives including, but not limited to:
- Cost of non-Quality, Supplier Quality, On-time Delivery to Customers
- Relevance of measurements and metrics reported to the overall improvement of materials and products
* Meet schedule commitments and task completion dates.
* Champion Lean activities and support 5S, Kaizen and continuous improvement activities.
* Monitor timeliness of non-conforming material containment and dispositionInteract and work with other departments and employees within Olympus SSA.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* Associate's Degree in Industrial/Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline is required.
* Minimum of 2 years of QC/QA experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
* Experience in the measurement and analysis of Supplier provided parts is preferred.
* Experience in a Lean-Sigma environment is preferred.
* Green Belt certification is a plus.
* Certified ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 Auditor is a plus.
* Strong decision-making abilities are essential.
* Must have the ability to apply Quality tools and analysis in a manufacturing environment.
* Must be able to work under direct supervision with the ability to plan personal workload establish commitments for task completion.
* Knowledge of Lean concepts is essential, including but not limited to: 5S, visual controls, value stream mapping, kaizen techniques, waste identification.
* Must be accomplished tactical change agent with strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to communicate to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing organizational goals is essential.
* Must be skilled in the use of a variety of test and inspection apparatus, both electrical and mechanical.