To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Clinical Research Coordinator
Clinical Research Management • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Clinical RM is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator II for WRAIR in Silver Spring, MD!
ClinicalRM is a full service Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in preclinical through Phase IV support of clinical research and clinical trial services for biologics, drugs, and devices. We help our customers get their products to market faster with a wide array of research, regulatory, and sponsor services both within the US and around the globe, and respond rapidly to global health crises.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- The contractor shall investigate the extent to which differences in chronic and/or acute sleep debt account for individual differences in TBI-related neurocognitive/ vestibular/ physiological/ psychomotor deficits, to help establish the potential utility of the objective assessment of sleep (with actigraphy and/or polysomnography) in a patient population.
- The contractor shall assist in recruiting, screening, scheduling and coordinating Post Concussive Syndrome (PCS)/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patients and control subjects for participation in a two phase study (with the second phase involving exposure of participants to mild of sleep deprivation).
- The contractor shall assist in obtaining consent to allow access to study participants’ medical records, agreement to wear actigraphs for the entire study period, agreement to complete a sleep history and other questionnaires, and agreement to be trained in, then administered a daily battery of neurocognitive tests.
- The contractor shall provide the participants with training and practice on several neurocognitive tests, apply electrodes for polysomnographic recording of sleep parameters, administer regular neurocognitive tests, questionnaires and the Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT) and/or the Multiple Sleep latency Test (MSLT) and familiarize the participants with the WRAIR sleep suite environment, staff, and fellow volunteers.
- The contractor shall assist in statistically comparing actigraphically-measured sleep parameters and other data for the study period.
- The contractor shall assist in the performance of factor analyses (and/or other analyses as appropriate) to reveal the extent to which polysomnographically measured sleep parameters account for next-day neurocognitive and vestibular performance in PCS/TBI patients vs. non-patients, and to characterize the nature of neurocognitive deficits in PCS patients.
- The contractor shall oversee technical and logistical aspects of the conduction of human research in the fields of sleep, sleep deprivation, neurocognitive testing, vestibular testing, and others.
- The contractor shall aid in the preparation, collection, and analysis of data to determine whether, and the extent to which, PCS/TBI patients exhibit differential sensitivity to the effects of sleep loss, as well as assisting in preparation of data for statistical analyses, presentation, and publication.
- The contractor shall monitor study data collection procedures to ensure uniformly high levels of compliance with Good Clinical Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and any additional FDA-, other government- or locally-required practices throughout the study.
- Maintain a safe workplace ensuring that he/she is aware of and observes appropriate safety and occupational health rules and regulations. Employee is required to attend safety training relative to his/her position and report any infractions of safety procedures to the facility Safety Officer.
- Perform light duties and other related duties as required and assigned.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirements Registered nurse licensed in state of Maryland PREFERRED.
- Minimum Experience 3 years work experience in clinical research setting as research coordinator. Background in polysomnography is a plus.
- Required Licenses, Certification or Registration CCRC certification is PREFERRED.
- Must be able to work independently following a brief period of specific technical training.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.GENERAL INFORMATION
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
The employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
This description is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of the immediate supervisor to assign, direct or control your work responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.Qualifications Skills
Licenses & Certifications