To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lawrenceville, NJ
- Phone: 973.642.2916
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Transporation/Highway Engineer (2750-872)
Stv Group Inc • Lawrenceville, NJ
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
STV, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Transportation/Highway Engineer for a position in our Lawrenceville, NJ office, with experience in highway design and transportation improvement projects for NJDOT and other agencies. The candidate will work under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager with responsibility for providing civil/highway design for projects with minimal supervision. Assignments may also include other aspects of Civil Engineering such as rail transit projects, highway safety, drainage design, and design-build projects.
- Providing professional design services for highway improvement projects for the NJ Department of Transportation (NJDOT) and other transportation agencies
- Developing design plans including horizontal and vertical alignment, drainage, and cross section
- Coordinating design development and assisting with technical direction to other design staff
- Coordinating with the design team to achieve quality deliverables within the established schedule and budget.
- Assisting with the development of specifications, cost estimates, reports and preparing final bid packages
- Developing design plans, including horizontal & vertical alignments, drainage plans, cross-sections, construction staging/traffic control plans, signing & pavement marking plans, etc
- Establishing working relationships and interfacing with client technical staff and project managers
- Assisting with the preparation of technical and cost proposals
- Mentoring supporting highway design staff
- Attending project meetings with clients, sub-consultants, and the project team
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- NJ Professional Engineer (PE) license required
- NJDOT experience is required. NJ Turnpike experience preferred
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive transportation design experience
- Proficient with MicroStation and InRoads design software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and GEOPACK is a plus
- Familiarity with NJDOT, NJ Turnpike and AASHTO design standards is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.