To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI 48201
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Care Speech Therapist
CorsoCare • Detroit, MI
Posted 9 days ago
Home Health Care Speech Therapist
Detroit / Downriver
Home Health Care Speech Therapist will be a contingent position that provides services for home care clients who have speech and language problems. Services are provided under the direction of the attending physician with the participation of the family and other members of the interdisciplinary team, as indicated.
Required Experience for Job Speech Therapist:
- Education and/or Experience: Meets the education and experience requirements for Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) in speech pathology or audiology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or has completed the educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
- Is certified to practice Speech-Language Pathology.
- Has a minimum of one (1) years' experience in a health care facility or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR certification, as applicable.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other: Licensed driver with automobile insured in accordance with state/Agency requirements. Reliable transportation with good driving record.
Primary Responsibilities for Job Speech Therapist:
- Home Health Care Speech Therapist will performs speech therapy assessments, diagnostic tests, skilled procedures, and ongoing evaluation for clients who are receiving services under a medically approved Plan of Care.
- Completes initial assessments within forty-eight (48) hours of referral unless other arrangements are made.
- Completes comprehensive assessments including OASIS data set within forty-eight (48) hours of referral for speech therapy services unless other arrangements are made.
- Develops a therapy care plan to provide direction to other health team members involved in the plan of care. Reviews and updates per Agency policy and client need.
- Documents all findings, plans, interventions, and outcomes and submits documentation to the Agency within seven (7) days or per Agency policy.
- Speech Therapist communicates plans and changes to the physician and to the client Case Manager and other caregivers through the care plan, progress notes, and participation in care conferences.
- Communicates changes in schedule and physician orders to the office on the day the changes are made.
- Implements teaching appropriate to the client's needs and within the context of his/her environment and learning ability.
- Assesses knowledge level of client and identifies learning needs.
- Plans, teaches, supervises, and counsels clients about their physical therapy needs to promote improvement or recovery, symptom management of disease process, and community resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the teaching plan and establishes care plan for others to follow in teaching the client.
- Attends and actively contributes to interdisciplinary team or other required meetings.
- Shares areas of expertise among and between teams. Initiates interdisciplinary referrals.
- Home Health Care Speech Therapist participates in discharge planning and documents this in client record.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the ongoing quality improvement process.
- Serves on the Clinical Record Review Committee.
- Uses OASIS assessment tool and outcome reports to improve therapy services and client outcomes.
- Participates with interdisciplinary team to assure consistency in data collection methods.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for clients and coworkers.
- Home Health Care Speech Therapist demonstrates knowledge of safety/infection control practices by compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Recognizes and responds to potentially unsafe situations.
- Demonstrates safe practice in the use of equipment.
- Assesses safety of environment and takes initiative to help prevent accidents and
- promote safety.
- Home Health Care Speech Therapist Performs job in compliance with Agency policies and procedures and professional and community standards.
- Provides services in accordance with applicable state, federal, CHAP, and JCAHO standards.
- Attends meetings and required educational programs.
- Accepts responsibility for personal and professional development and identifies learning/developmental needs to supervisor.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Protects the confidentiality of information in the client clinical record and releases this information only in accordance with Agency policy and professional standards.
- Does not discuss client or staff identities, conditions, or circumstances in public or with others who are not professionally involved with the situation/person.
- Home Health Care Speech Therapist Protects written confidential documents in a manner that prevents unauthorized access.
- Work toward continual improvement of the overall organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
General Working Conditions:
This position may require entail sitting or standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
CSIG Holding is privately owned and operated, based in Brighton. Our philosophy of making the most out of every minute of every day, is infused throughout our operations. In fact, our passion for what we do is noticeable in everything we do.
We serve and support our businesses with a unique shared services model that allows them to focus on their core business by centralizing all other necessary business functions including: Employee Experience, Financial, Implementation, Legal, Marketing, Operations, Performance, Project Management, Research, Strategy and Technology.
We are fortunate to serve seniors, employers, employees, patients and each other. Our businesses include:
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It's this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Navigating the Path of HealthCare
CorsoCare provides patient-based home health care services while protecting patient rights and giving them the dignity and respect they deserve. Our experienced certified home health care professionals are highly skilled and completely focused on our patients. Our services are comprised of three core divisions: Certified Home Health Care Services, Private Duty/Private Pay Services and Transitional Care Navigation Services.
Growing People, Growing Business, Growing Communities
EmPower HR creates customized human resource management solutions for our clients and their employees. Our full range of Professional Employer Organization (PEO) services gives you and your employees access to great benefits and a knowledgeable and responsive staff that is just as dedicated to your business as your own team.
Building Confidence in Communication
Communication Builders is a telecommunications site installation and service contractor with services including cellular site installation, modification, maintenance, or decommission. Our focus is on professional, reliable service to our customers including Cellular Carriers, Broadcasters, Local Municipalities, Public Works, Water Departments, and more.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational yet unattainable goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
If you love serving others, and are looking for an opportunity to thrive, CSIG Holding and our businesses is your destination.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials