To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager - State & Local Government - Strategy & Operations
Deloitte • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Deloitte Consulting is in the business of enabling governments to deliver extraordinary advantages to citizens through unprecedented efficiency, accountability, and responsiveness. Our mission is simple - to help governments serve the 21st century citizen. As an organization with deep commercial industry knowledge, Deloitte Consulting's Public Sector practice is a source of best practices in strategy, financial management, enterprise risk management, technology integration, and human capital. Our government clients turn to us for better insights into leading strategies and to tap into our network of prominent teams across our industry programs. Deloitte Consulting has the people, the experience and the resources to meet the needs of our clients.
State Government Practice
The Deloitte Consulting state government practice serves as a trusted advisor to several of the largest state government agencies in the U.S. Whether its technology integration, enterprise transformation, strategy and operations, human capital, outsourcing, attest, enterprise risk services or financial advisory services, Deloitte is uniquely qualified to tackle today's most pressing public sector challenges.
Deloitte Consulting's growing state & local government practice is seeking a Manager with previous management consulting experience in some of the following segments: health and human services including child support, child welfare (SACWIS), child care, Medicaid, (MMIS), public health, HIPAA, Unemployment insurance, tax and revenue systems, financial transformation for government, public sector SAP implementation experience including grants and funds management, worker's compensation and workforce development solutions, integrated justice systems, court systems, homeland security, and transportation.
• Managers will lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
• Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
• Managers implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
• Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
• Managers can lead small engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
• A minimum of 8 years consulting and/or industry experience is required.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
In addition, successful Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
• An advanced degree is preferred.