To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA 02101
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Assistant General Manager - Property Management
JLL • Boston, MA
Posted 13 days ago
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) functions in conjunction with and in the short-term absence of the General Manager as the professional-in-charge of the specific asset(s) under management. The AGM is responsible for all aspects of client and tenant satisfaction. Of specific importance is working with the PM or GM in achieving stated financial results (NOI and cashflow) and operating objectives (leasing, capital improvements, system enhancements, tenant satisfaction, operating expense control, etc.).
The AGM is responsible for working directly with the General Manager and client to ensure a thorough understanding of its investment objectives and the development of acceptable property-specific strategic plans and operating and capital budgets. Once developed, the AGM must oversee the implementation of approved initiatives and programs by managing and coordinating the efforts of the property team (e.g. leasing specialists, vendors, contractors, and building employees).
The AGM is responsible for the management, supervision, and professional development of the Property Administrator and ensuring 100% compliance with Jones Lang LaSalle IPMP process. Additionally, the AGM is responsible for representing JLL in the local and regional business and real estate community in order to promote JLL's reputation and capabilities to prospective tenants and clients.
- Assists with the preparation and review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required. (i.e. Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax fillings, Baseball tax, etc
- Supports Leasing Specialist in the preparation of lease and/or rental agreements and is responsible for lease administration process. Maintains intimate knowledge of lease agreements and ensures compliance from accounting and Ops perspective
- Reviews and approves purchases of supplies and equipment in accordance with client budgets and established parameters.
- Prepares and reviews financial documents pertaining to all building operations. These include but are not limited to: tenant billing processes, occupancy rates, dates of lease expirations, financial reporting for client monthly and ensures quarterly and annual compliance with financial documents. Report to General Manager any variances, concerns and projections needed to sustain building operations.
- Creates and reports out regularly on the asset management plan.
- Inspects facilities and equipment to determine extent of service and equipment required. Recommends, justifies, develops and coordinates projects that enhance the value of the office buildings.
- Works with Building Engineer/Chief Engineer to assign employees to duties pursuant to client and JLL guidelines.
- Arranges for alterations to, or maintenance, upkeep, or reconditioning of facilities as specified in the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations and standard form contract agreement to Vice President for execution.
- Maintains role as primary/secondary contact for tenants relative to tenant service requests.
- Prepares and/or reviews periodic inventory
- Inspects all properties on a regular basis
- Overseas, communication and management the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
- Employs or contracts for onsite management and engineering personnel, as delineated within the operating budget, management plan and/or management services agreement. Submits hiring recommendations to General Manager for approval.
- Manages the development, of the Property Administrator and the Quality Tenant Service ("QTS") program. In addition, oversees the implementation of the QTS program at assigned buildings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- Finance or Accounting degree, preferred
- Advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years of commercial real estate or property management experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Communication Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proration's, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, and late fees.
- Ability to define and resolve complex issues and resolve with practical concrete business minded solutions.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.