To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Central Islip, NY 11722
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Apprentice Furniture Repair Technician
Raymour & Flanigan • Central Islip, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ready to raise the bar on customer satisfaction?
If you enjoy building things and have a desire to work for a successful company where you can use your artistic and technical skills, then Furniture Repair Apprentice may be just the role for your career ambitions! As a warehouse Furniture Repair Technician, you will be responsible for setting the standard of excellence for the quality of the merchandise our customers will receive.
- Assessing damages and choose appropriate methods of repair for wood furniture, leather, fabric and upholstery.
- Maintain a neat and safe work environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be comfortable working with hands and displays an aptitude for craftsmanship, artistic and/or carpentry services.
- Meet standards to complete furniture "deluxing" process.
- Commitment to Raymour & Flanigan's safety policies and procedures and ability to promote awareness.
- Demonstrate high level of attention to detail and professionalism at all times.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to work independently and with a team.
- Perform additional functions that may be assigned at the discretion of management.
- Two years experience working with wood furniture, leather, fabric & upholstery.
- Color matching & blending
- Wood repairs including burn-ins & wood graining.
- Leather repairs including scuffs, holes and tears.
- Upholstery repairs including structural/mechanism replacements.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Lift, lower, push and pull all sizes of furniture up to and in excess of 100 lbs.
At Raymour & Flanigan, we recognize and appreciate all of our team members' hard work and dedication. We pride ourselves on being a long term, privately held company that takes care of its associates by recognizing each individual's potential and investing in their future success!
Raymour & Flanigan provides a full range of comprehensive benefit programs to help you achieve your wellness and financial goals which include:
- Health Insurance (Up to 80% of premium paid) and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan w/ Company Match & Profit Sharing
- Voluntary Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
Other Great Benefits:
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Training and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Generous Merchandise Discount
Raymour & Flanigan proudly supports a drug free and smoke free work environment.
Raymour & Flanigan is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.