To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hot Springs, AR
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager
STARTEK • Hot Springs, AR
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for a work environment that is growing, thriving and has a passion for people? Do you want a career that will take you places and give you new experiences? Are success, personal growth and fun on your list of must haves?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions, apply to join STARTEK—A global leader in the Business Process Outsourcing industry! We are able to deliver award-winning quality results through our people, processes, and passion. When you succeed, we succeed. We take the time to look for individuals who have a heart for customer service, a promise of employee contribution, and the potential to grow with our company.
It's not WHAT we do that makes STARTEK different; but rather, HOW we do it.POSITION OVERVIEW: The Site Human Resources Manager delivers exceptional service by partnering with management on business decisions related to employees and supporting all Human Resources related activities for site location(s). This position supports partners in organization growth and succession planning, designs training and management development initiatives, provides employee relations management, and manages the performance management process and the execution of company-wide Human Resources initiatives. Position requires strong management skills which include planning, organization, team building, strategic focus, and influencing and people development. Proven track record of supporting change programs and partnering with business managers. Ability to communicate effectively and with all levels within and outside the organization. Requirements Essential Functions
- Helps establish and maintain ongoing effective communication among management and employees, and encourages a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open and effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Advises management of appropriate resolution to employee relation issues and supports learning and development initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for specific employees’ training and development programs. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Current knowledge of all Human Resources areas including employment law, federal/provincial/state laws, EEO, OSHA, Workers Compensation, Employee Leave, and other compliance issues.
- Coaches and consults with managers and employees on issues including performance management, terminations, career development, harassment, discrimination, FMLA and corrective action issues.
- Coordinates the development, and implementation of department goals, objectives and systems that directly impact HR strategy and overall business plans for the company. Ensures that the HR strategy reflects the StarTek philosophy to include HR best practices when benchmarked against other organizations.
- Acts as a strategic business partner for line managers and supervisors providing counseling and support as necessary in dealing with employer/employee relations’ issues and interpretation/application of employment policies and procedures. Works directly with line managers and senior managers to resolve more complex issues.
- Partners directly and effectively with the Site Director, operational partners, the HR Team, management team, and members of other cross-functional teams to drive appropriate HR initiatives for the Company in a timely and professional manner
- Directs the preparation of performance management tracking reports for management. Ensures that managers/supervisors are notified in a timely manner when performance reviews for direct reports are due. Ensures that follow-up performance tracking reports are provided for senior management as necessary. Evaluates the performance management philosophy/process periodically and advises management of changes.
- Supports the HR Director in the development of the people and organizational principles which help to drive business performance and aligns them with StarTek/HR strategic framework.
- Develops appropriate action plans to: mitigate business risks; create a productive working environment; improve retention, and continuously develop the people in the business.
- Supports and helps drive business change initiatives.
- Coordinates all aspects of employee retention including the identification of potential at-risk employees; development of resources for managers; development of a retention plan; administering surveys and feedback modules; coaching and training for management team members, and other related retention activities.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Solid knowledge of computers and software applications including spreadsheet (Excel), word processing (Word), and e-mail software applications
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to plan own work and the work of others and lead work groups or teams
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment with close attention to detail
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning and execution
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality by exercising tact and maturity in sensitive situations
- Ability to interpret, understand policies and relate them to others
- Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding HR issues
- Knowledge of organizational development and coaching methods
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
Education Or Formal Training: Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and related experience. PHR, SPHR or CHRP certification desired. Experience: Four (4) years related Human Resources experience. Minimum of two (2) years supervisory/management experience. StarTek is an Equal Employment Opportunity /Drug-Free Workplace employer.