To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waltham, MA
- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- Phone: 484-896-5668
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Product Operations Specialist
Olympus Corporation of the Americas • Waltham, MA
Posted 9 days ago
Waltham, MA - The The Product Operations Specialist will be responsible for the global technical and application support of one of the OSSA product lines (for example, Handheld XRF, Transducers, Flaw Detectors, etc), demanding a blend of strong communication and interpersonal skills with excellent comprehension of the operation and applied theory of the products. The incumbent requires regular contact with customers and sales representatives, including domestic and international travel, with the goal of gaining exposure to the requirements of a broad range of markets and identifying opportunities for growth within these markets. He/She will allow Product Managers to function more efficiently and keep processes moving when the PM is traveling or unavailable to address day-to-day business needs. EOE M/F/D/V
* Provide support to multiple Product Managers.
* Acquire a working understanding of the operation and general applications of Olympus instruments and accessories in supported product line(s).
* Provide operational support between the Product Managers and OSSA's operational functions (Production, Commercial Operations, Production Engineering, Documentation Control, and Regulatory) as needed to provide timely processing of administrative tasks (part data, price data, kitting requirements, etc.) and more advanced tasks under the guidance of the Product Managers.
* Collaborate with design and production engineering as product management representative in change control and quality investigation activities.
* Create and maintain product line part numbers and kit bill of materials through corporate PLM tools.
* Perform regular maintenance of product price list.
* Manage product team support and collaboration tools.
* Establish product team processes under the direction of the Product Manager(s).
* Contribute to projects focused on the development and sustainability of product line resource materials including training presentations, instrument web videos, marketing documents and web site content.
* Provide limited product support to global sales and applications centers.
* Providing consolidated feedback to product management based on market interactions.
* Collaborate with multiple business departments, including commercial operations, outside sales, and marketing/communications to complete daily tasks.
* Assist in product line validation testing and troubleshooting.
* May travel up to 10% domestic and international travel to product development and market analysis activities.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
* Bachelor's Degree is required, in Science or Engineering is strongly preferred.
* Minimum of 0-2 years of experience in an applications, technical support, technical sales or product development environment is required.
* Previous experience with NDT and/or XRF technology or other spectroscopic technique is preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
* Ability to thrive in an international business environment is preferred.
* Ability to coordinate and motivate people who do not work for you is essential.
* Ability to work as an individual or in a team setting is necessary.
* Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.