To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Christiansburg, VA 24073
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Support Specialist
Pathways by Molina • Christiansburg, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Pathways by Molina, previously Providence Human Services, is one of the largest national providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services. At Pathways, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 7,000 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 24 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.
Pathways by Molina is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSAs, vacation, sick, basic and optional life insurance, EAP, 401k (100% match for the 1st 4% employee contribution/immediate vesting) and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Pathways by Molina is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Pathways by Molina is seeking an innovative and purpose driven individual to join our team as an Information Technology Support Specialist.
The Information Technology Support Specialist is under the direction of the IT Regional Director or IT Support Team Lead. The Information Technology Support Specialist position is identified as “employee class” and is a full-time position.
The Information Technology Support Specialist is primarily responsible for 3rd and 4th level direct end-user support for computer and networking hardware. This includes off-the-shelf standardized software systems and other business applications. This support is provided remotely and in person, depending upon the support location. This position provides administrative and organizational services supporting the operations of the state of Virginia and the South Region. The ideal candidate will not only have end-user support experience, but also consistently operate in a detail-oriented manner and maintain a well-organized work environment. Other duties include support for IT-related and physical systems, e.g., security and telephony.
• Provide 3rd and 4th Level end-user support in troubleshooting hardware issues with workstations, and other computer related peripherals
• Provide 3rd and 4th Level end-user support in troubleshooting advanced software problems for operating systems, software applications, including various software utilities/custom systems
• Install, configure, and upgrade hardware/software on workstations and peripherals
• Identify, research, and resolve advanced technical problems
• Respond to phone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support in a timely manner
• Document, tracks, and monitor issues to ensure timely resolution
• Assist in setup/maintenance of IT-related items in company offices around the country
• Assist with managing physical IT inventory and maintain accurate/detailed inventory
• Provide operational maintenance support of infrastructure items that affect/involve IT, e.g., phone systems, cabling, internet connectivity, copier, printer, and fax systems
• Track and complete recurring tasks for the facility
• Support national team projects when needed
• 2-year Technical or Associate's degree or equivalent work experience required
• Travel is required, by both plane and car. On occasion nights and weekends will be part of the work schedule for special projects
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Microsoft or other certifications relating to IT and Information Systems, e.g., directed MCP’s
• Experience working in a health care related field
• Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment