To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh EH1 1BB
- Newcross Healthcare
- Phone: .
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Care Assistant - HCA
Newcross Healthcare • Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Posted 12 days ago
Newcross Healthcare is looking for professional, dedicated and experienced Care Assistants who are committed to delivering high-quality care to support a range of clients in the Edinburgh area through our friendly local branch.
For a limited time, we are also offering a free PVG check and uniform when you join our team!
The Care Assistant Role:
As a naturally compassionate person, you will play an essential part in delivering great quality, person-centred care to every individual you encounter. This means recognising the capabilities of the person, promoting their dignity at all times and seeing them as more than just a care plan.
You will be providing care that supports life activities, enabling people to live as independently as possible, whilst providing essential support with washing, dressing, personal care and meal times.
If you share our values of protecting dignity, promoting well-being and working in a person-centred manner at all times, this could be the job for you.
You will be a permanent member of the healthcare team responsible for bringing the Newcross standard of care to every individual we care for. This is a flexible role and means you could be working for more than one home in the local area on a part time or full time basis, allowing the opportunity to tailor your rota to suit family and other commitments.
Due to the location of our clients, access to your own transport is preferable.
- Salary of up to £11.86/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Criminal record check (PVG) and uniform FREE for a limited time!
- Ongoing training and development available free through credits earned as you work
- 24 hour support through dedicated central team
- Local line manager and branch support
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care or nursing home in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross
If you have an SVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Why Should You Apply?
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.
Your local branch
Edinburgh branch is located at the Quadrant, New Mart Place. We offer job opportunities from areas as far south as West Linton, to Haddington in the East and as far up as North Berwick.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.