To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Naugatuck, CT 06770
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP, Information Technology Infrastructure
Kuehne + Nagel • Naugatuck, CT
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
VP, Information Technology Infrastructure
Reporting directly to the, Regional SVP, CIO. The VP’s role is to plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the Infrastructure team. The VP of Infrastructure works at the highest systems level to provide counsel to users, management and IT project teams, enabling the navigation of complex systems. Evaluates new technologies, develops departmental standard practices. Delivers end to end responsibility for System Administration on all Server related functions. Provides technical leadership within the department and organization with emphasis on supporting the company’s regional Global data center. Sets annual performance goals, conducts bi-annual evaluations.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Drive innovation and digitalization initiatives that support corporate strategy.
- Implement, operate and support all Server infrastructure, including IBM AS400, , Redhat Linux, Centos, VMware, provide support of enterprise wide DNS, AD, eMail and other services.
- Establish and define automated system installation/configuration procedures.
- Define day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure. Maintain System Run Books.
- Establish performance models, validation techniques, implement best practices for monitoring and forecasting of system/application capacity with integration into enterprise monitoring system.
- Work with Storage and backup team to implement storage and backup best practices
- Recommend and manage continuous improvement of service delivery, operational practices and support services
- Drive development of automation, tools and other process efficiencies.
- Collaborate with engineering on technology lifecycle strategy (current, emerging, sunset) and procurement strategies. Lead negotiations with potential vendors.
- Develop operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery times (value streams optimization). Facilitate service excellence.
- Establish procedures and systems to mitigate risk.
- Coordinate testing, monitor system changes implemented by the organization. Oversee all changes and implementation in testing and production with final go / no go decision making authority for team related initiatives and issues.
- Work with contractors for structured cabling and electrical within data center.
- Evaluate, counsel, mentor and train associates to achieve high productivity, professional confidence, work-life balance, and rewards for outstanding performance.
- Guide the growth and strategic planning of the team. Demonstrate managerial courage to make difficult decisions, engage in constructive dialogues.
- Manage off-shore teams, ensure timely execution of tasks.
- Collect, track, and analyze departmental performance data for the purposes of improving operations, forecasting staffing needs and effectively utilizing all available resources.
Your skills and experience
• University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or business administration. Master’s degree in either of these fields with technology as a core component preferred.
• 10-15 years’ experience managing and/or directing IT operation.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
• Expert understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development.
• Excellent understanding of project management principles.
• Superior understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT.
• Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
• Proven leadership ability.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong negotiating skills.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Exceptional service orientation.
Supply Chain experience strongly preferred.
• Global Data Centers and Disaster Recovery
• Help Desk Service Desk
• Network Support and Management
• Participate in strategic and operational governance processes of the business organization as a member of the senior management team.
• Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organization.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business.
• Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Act as an advocate for the organization’s IT vision via regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users.
• Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development.
• Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments.
• Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
• Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
• Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
• Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
• Develop, manage and maintain IT budgets (greater than 10MUSD).
• Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
• Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems.
• Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
• Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition, development, and installation of major information systems.
• Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts
• Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
• Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact.
• Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including government, vendors, and partner organizations.
• Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
• Accountable for department P&L
• On-call availability.
• Weekly travel to corporate headquarters Jersey City NJ
• 1-2 trips (per annum) IT headquarters Hamburg De.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 70,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com