To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Behavioral Health Policy Consultant - Government - Evergreen
MARSH & MCLENNAN COMPANIES, INC • Washington, DC
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mercer Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) specializes in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health and welfare services. Mercer GHSC brings a team of consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and accountants to a project to assure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health and welfare programs.
Location is flexible - any where in the U.S.
The Senior Government Consultant will lead and manage engagements with Mercer Health & Benefit (H&B) Government clients related to behavioral health, including mental health and substance use disorder services. Clients are primarily State Medicaid agencies and related agencies responsible for state fee-for-service and managed behavioral health programs. Some of the responsibilities for this role include producing federal authorities and policy options, client management, client engagement and satisfaction, new and expanded business development, contract negotiation and scope, project management, and team management.
To fulfill this role, the Senior Government Consultant will\:
Assist in the RFP process, including develop strategy, develop cost proposal; evaluate conversion/recovery aspects of RFP; evaluate risk and manage RFP through Mercer internal legal and executive approval process.
- Identify opportunities for expanded revenue with existing clients; utilize knowledge of client and of the diverse expertise within Mercer Government to identify sales opportunities.
- Pursue new business; leverage relationships with clients, expertise and intellectual capital to create new business opportunities.
- Work with client and Mercer Government project managers to clearly define the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project. Also ensure development and propose essential project documents, including the budget and work plans.
- Ensure regular communication with client to review project status and expectations; provide expertise and insight to client and team to problem solve challenges within the project; manage scope of project, budget and timelines.
- Assist with managing engagements with the key client stakeholders and overseeing client engagements. This could include overseeing multiple project managers, ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work and ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader.
- Project resource management responsibilities include identifying and securing resources, ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level, and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise. Additionally, ensures project managers are coordinating tasks with specialists on the project team.
- Be viewed by industry and client as expert on behavioral health, including policy, programmatic, financial, and operational aspects of Medicaid and non-Medicaid behavioral health programs, federal regulatory issues, and health care reform; considers the implication of policy, law, political, etc. changes on the client and client’s programs.
- Develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients.
- Directly supervise staff members (if assigned) and frequently provide supervisory feedback, training and mentoring to staff that have a project reporting relationship with the Senior Government Consultant. As a supervisor (if applicable), this position would have full authority for the following people management responsibilities\: assigning, directing, and evaluating work; conducting performance evaluations, progressive counseling and career development discussions; ensuring appropriate orientation and on-going education/training.
BA/BS degree required
- Master’s degree in behavioral health policy, public policy, public health, or related field preferred
- Current or previous experience working with or at the Centers of Medicare Medicaid (CMS) as a Sr. Director-level or higher
- Minimum 10 years’ of relevant experience required
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol\: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at\: http\://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at\: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.