To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hamilton Township, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
General Engineer (Substation Engineering)
Exelon Corporation • Hamilton Township, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
This General Engineer role will be part of the Substation Engineering group within Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company. The incumbent will take on many aspects of substation projects, focusing heavily on technical substation engineering and design, equipment specification, and project coordination.
Develops studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, budgets, associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of Exelon's electric generation, transmission, distribution, gas and telecommunication facilities/systems. Provides consultation and recommendations to the Company within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, vehicles or facilities. Reviews financial data from budget and actual costs of projects. Operates independently and seeks guidance when appropriate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1 Performs engineering tasks associated with critical engineering projects or a number of small projects with many complex features.
2 Performs assignments in areas where engineering precedents are incomplete, lacking or require broad experience.
3 Evaluates, develops and implements projects that have moderate financial and operational impact.
4 May serve as an expert for organization in a specific area or responsibility.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory.
• Knowledge of engineering designs, principles and practices.
2. Five or more years of professional engineering experience.
3. Broad knowledge and experience with regulations, guides, standards, codes methods, practices, and advanced engineering principles necessary to perform very complex or unique assignments for a specific discipline, various installations or services.
4. Minimum of two related career experiences (i.e., changes in technical job responsibilities, which may or may not include a change in department) OR
5. Engineer in Training OR 50% complete (by hours) with advanced technical degree, M.B.A. or Project Management Certification
-Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
-Experience demonstrating skill performing substation design and engineering activities related to substations.
-Experience demonstrating skill applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields present in electric utilities.
-Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration or Project Management Certification
-Licensed Professional Engineer
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels.
-Strong written and oral communication skills.
Pepco Holdings, an Exelon Company, is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Never Miss an Update - Follow us on Twitter @PHICareers