To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Project Engineer II - Houston, TX
CECO CONCRETE CONSTRUCTION • Houston, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Ceco Concrete Construction! Ceco Concrete Construction LLC is one of the nation’s largest concrete subcontractors. Ceco was founded in 1912 and has more than 100 years of experience serving the commercial construction markets, partnering with our clients to provide value to projects of varying scope and complexity.
Ceco Concrete Construction is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Receives and distributes project design documents.
- Reviews, approves, and submits rebar shop drawings.
- Coordinates deliveries, inventories, shortages and fabrication discrepancies for all reinforcing steel for assigned project.
- Assists the project team in establishing the sequential steps involved in all processes with the scope of the project, and adapts schedules and work tasks accordingly.
- Works closely with the project team monitoring the safety, cost and scheduling of construction projects.
- Troubleshoots and resolves concerns regarding structural design with project team.
- Contributes to the projects safety goals by reducing hazards during the design planning state ensuring that all formwork systems meet construction and safety standards.
- Assists in coordination of material purchases, deliveries, tracking and forecasting ensuring maximum utilization of Ceco’s physical resources.
- Assists with the development and coordination of material and equipment schedules and promotes their efficient use.
- Participate in basic layout and field engineering activities.
- Prepare or revise engineering drawings, office forms, charts and similar documents as directed.
- Provides documents for engineering and construction activities.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships to enhance company’s ability to procure projects.
- Performs special projects and completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, related degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of work experience successfully supporting similar key responsibilities meeting and exceeding performance expectations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Detail oriented with the ability to efficiently analyze and organize significant amounts of information regarding plan layouts, material deliveries and jobsite productivities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task in fast paced environment.
- Up to 160 hours of PTO in first year of employment
- Competitive Healthcare and 401k Package Offered
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Training Programs
- Challenging Assignments
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Job ID: 2103
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.