To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Envision Radiology • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Performs MRI procedures according to protocol and age specific needs, including patient preparation. Maintains and monitors patient environment, adheres to safety procedures and contributes to the security and maintenance of the unit. Performs CT examinations, positions patient, and performs cross-section anatomical scans using proper technical factors and computer programs to provide image and numerical values of tissue density. Performs various types of diagnostic X-Ray procedures, adjusts X-Ray equipment settings, determines proper voltage and exposure and positions patient. Performs specific procedures utilizing ionizing radiation. Assists physicians in assigned examinations utilizing contrast media and/or specific tomographic examinations.
• Patient interface to ascertain history and communicate exam details
• Review patient charts for missed clinical information and/or consent
• Screen patients for surgical and other implants and maintain basic knowledge of compatibility of implants in the MRI environment
• Perform MRI, CT and/or X-Ray scans while putting patients at ease
• Perform high quality CT scans while using lowest radiation dose possible
• Obtain prior X-Ray films if necessary prior to exam
• Transfer of images to other locations as needed
• Screen patients for contraindications and contrast allergies
• Perform contrast injections using aseptic technique
• Coordinate scan protocols with radiologist
• Interact with supervisor on problem issues
• Maintain equipment in good working order
• Perform all quality procedures as required
• Adhere to Envision’s Compliance and Quality & Safety Programs
Please note this job description is not designed tocover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties orresponsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Other duties may be assigned as needed by supervision.
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to educate patients on procedures
• Basic computer literacy
• Two years prior experience in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT), and/or X-Ray
• Graduate of an accredited Registered Technologist program
• Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification
• Registry in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MR) and/or Computed Tomography (CT)
• Current CPR certification
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
M-F 11:30am - 8pm