To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
- ASM Research
- Phone: 910-344-9873
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Federal Staffing Specialist
ASM Research • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Staffing Specialists apply their advanced skills and experience in performing end to end recruitment, referral and job offer functions, processing recruiting transactions and demonstrate knowledge of the recruiting and hiring business process and technology. Staffing Specialists also provide supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meets with managers to discuss needs. Assists Hiring Managers with defining and validating key position requirements (i.e. defining education, experience, technical knowledge, and competencies).
- Advertising jobs with USA Jobs
- Conducting qualification reviews and determining the best qualified candidates
- Understand other means of filling the position such as non-competitive position changes
- Experience developing and issuing "Certificates of Eligibles" and ensuring that selections are valid
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Supports the internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including Affirmative Action Plan compliance.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training as needed.
- Manages current candidate activity in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS), Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) Systems.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Manages the full life cycle recruiting process from beginning to end.
- Provides support on hiring initiatives where there is a talent acquisition impact.
- Associate's Degree with 2-5 years related Human Resources (HR) experience. OR
- High School graduate or equivalent with 2-5 years related Human Resources (HR) experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to talk on the phone with ease and confidence.
- A strong understanding of federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, ATS, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships and work well as part of a team
- Experience recruiting for cleared candidates required.
- Requires the ability to actively provide recruiting support to multi-site operations and be capable of effectively building positive work partnerships with geographically dispersed multiple staff levels.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, complex, and deadline-oriented environment.
- Must possess considerable skill in interviewing techniques.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and applicant tracking systems.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree; Federal HR experience; Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) certification strongly preferred, not required