To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20007
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Key Account Manager - Transportation
Carpenter Technology • Washington, DC
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leader in the development, manufacture and distribution of cast/wrought and powder metal stainless steels and specialty alloys including high temperature (iron-nickel-cobalt base), stainless, superior corrosion resistant, controlled expansion alloys, ultra high strength and implantable alloys, tool and die steels, and other specialty metals as well as cast/wrought titanium alloys. We provide materials solutions to the ever-changing needs of the automotive, aerospace/ defense, energy, industrial, medical, and consumer products industries. Since it is all about innovation at Carpenter, we are continuing to grow and develop our business strategies.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – TRANSPORTATION – Germany
For this role, we are seeking a seasoned sales, account or marketing executive with deep experience in Automotive, Heavy Duty truck and construction vehicle markets! The ideal candidate will possess a demonstrated commercial and relationship building acumen and have experience with materials (preferably specialty alloys) used in powertrain applications.
- Understand and work to address customer unmet needs utilizing Carpenter’s broad product portfolio.
- Development and tactical implementation of the account strategy, business development strategy, budget planning and product life cycle processes.
- Monitor market conditions, competitive activities, general economic conditions and governmental, legislative and regulatory matters.
- Manage global commercial interactions for key accounts.
- Identification of new business opportunities and the enhancement of existing customer relationships, market share, and profitability.
- Sales forecasting, analysis, pricing, other business terms and key account management.
- Targets to win most profitable competitions for division globally, through development and implementation of Global Account Strategy.
- Responsible for the appropriateness, quality, and timeliness of all decisions specific to the Technology Proposal, Pricing Proposal.
- Work proactively to qualify Carpenter’s products through Tier 1,2 and 3 supply chain levels in the transportation segment.
- Monitor competitor activity to identify changes and trends in design and materials.
- With product management, identify future unmet needs for customers and design products to meet them.
- With R&D, validate requirements for new products. Build technical relationships with potential launch customers.
- Four-year college degree, preferably in Materials Science, Engineering or Business
- Typically, 7 or more years’ experience in technical sales / application engineering, technical marketing or other B2B customer-facing roles, combined with consistently strong performance
- Direct work experience with leading automotive / heavy duty / marine vehicle OEM’s or Tier 1’s preferred. Established relationships with decision makers in Transportation highly preferred.
- Prior experience as an account executive required.
- Ecosystem knowledge of metal value chain for the Transportation industry. Understanding of cost and profit drivers along with decision making processes
- Specialized knowledge of material science principles, standards, methods and practices
- Experience managing complex OEM and Tier 1 transportation customer business relationships.
Ability to travel – up to 50%
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation’s policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.